1977-04-03 Oklahoma The Myriad. Fucking T.Y.

hunter19877

Led Zeppelin - 1977-04-03 - Oklahoma, The Myriad

Setlist

01 Introduction
02 The Song Remains The Same
03 Sick Again
04 Nobody's Fault But Mine
05 In My Time Of Dying
06 Since I've Been Loving You
07 No Quarter
08 Ten Years Gone
09 The Battle Of Evermore
10 Going To California
11 Black Country Woman
12 Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
13 White Summer
14 Kashmir
51 Moby Dick
16 Guitar Solo
17 Achilles Last Stand
18 Stairway To Heaven
19 Rock And Roll
20 Trampled Underfoot

I think this review came from The Year Of Zeppelin website.

The second show of the tour and the second concert in two years. It shows. The band is very rusty and unrehearsed, PA system problems truncated group's playing, and Jimmy plays solos in completely wrong keys in some songs! Robert's voice is fairly strong and the rhythm section seems all right in most spots, but the lack of confidence shows in the short length of No Quarter, Ten Years Gone and In My Time Of Dying. This show is also the second ever time the new Presence songs are performed live, as well as Ten Years Gone and The Battle Of Evermore.

The sound quality of the audience tape from the Oklahoma show starts off mostly muffled and distant. Good at best. It is hard to determine if the muffled sound is the result of a faulty PA system or a poorly positioned recorder. The sound also brightens and dulls throughout the entire show. This may be attributed to adjustments made to the PA system. When the recording does clear up, the sound is very good. And for the most part, brighter. The instruments are well defined during these portions even though the recording is a little distant. A quieted audience lessens the distance by allowing better definition of the instrumentation. There is no noticeable tape hiss in either condition. The sound quality of tracks without notation after them fall into the very good category. The guitar solo preceding Achilles Last Stand does not include any anthems and is much shorter than later versions from this tour. Plant recalls before Stairway to Heaven the last time they were in Oklahoma (1970). The "experts" will disagree with Plant's recollection (1971 is their assertion).

The word is, Its a pretty bad show, Most people give it a low rating...

My opinion is that this is an AMAZING show for their 2nd one in 2 years!!! Hell yeah! I was just listening to it. I have the Bootleg Fucking T.Y. And i havent heard it in a long time. So i was Jammin to it today and it really is a good show! For the most part they dont sound to rusty at all to me! They sound damn good i think!! No quarter is great!!!! Ten Years Gone i thought was awesome! The Battle Of Evermore was fun! Kashmir is great too!!!! Achilles Last Stand, The second time ever, Is pretty good in my opinion!!! A little off here and there, But good! Anyway, i wanted to start this thread and see what people think, or maybe even change peoples opinion about this show!

fucking_ty_f.jpg

fucking_ty_r.jpg

77-04-03_d.jpg

PN004775.jpg

ok77-preshow.jpg

rfde.jpg

With the early '77 shows you have to keep in mind that due to the tour being postponed Jimmy Page famously "didn't even touch a guitar for a month". To call the OKC show "rusty" or "under rehearsed" wouldn't be entirely accurate but Page plays with a lot of restraint on the night. The example that always comes to mind for me is how long he takes before starting the solo proper in "No Quarter"...then once he finally starts playing the introductory lick for the solo Bonham responds with a drum accent that appears to say, "Well, it's about fucking time, Jimmy!" :lol: I also get a boot out of how at the end of the "Mars, Bringer Of War" section in Page's bowed guitar solo Bonzo quickly launches into the fast section of "Dazed And Confused" :lol: :lol::lol: They also add a quick little stop/start section to one of Page's solos in "In My Time Of Dying" that appeared to be abandoned after the first Chicago gig three days later. Still, you can tell the band (and their technical crew) were clearly still working out the kinks in the show, and were still working on them when they hit the Windy City. 

I've always been sorta curious to hear the first show in Dallas (which, strangely, doesn't seem to have even been recorded)...there are folks on this forum who attended that April Fools Day gig, and said it was pretty decent.

With the early '77 shows you have to keep in mind that due to the tour being postponed Jimmy Page famously "didn't even touch a guitar for a month". To call the OKC show "rusty" or "under rehearsed" wouldn't be entirely accurate but Page plays with a lot of restraint on the night. The example that always comes to mind for me is how long he takes before starting the solo proper in "No Quarter"...then once he finally starts playing the introductory lick for the solo Bonham responds with a drum accent that appears to say, "Well, it's about fucking time, Jimmy!" :lol: I also get a boot out of how at the end of the "Mars, Bringer Of War" section in Page's bowed guitar solo Bonzo quickly launches into the fast section of "Dazed And Confused" :lol: :lol::lol: They also add a quick little stop/start section to one of Page's solos in "In My Time Of Dying" that appeared to be abandoned after the first Chicago gig three days later. Still, you can tell the band (and their technical crew) were clearly still working out the kinks in the show, and were still working on them when they hit the Windy City. 

I've always been sorta curious to hear the first show in Dallas (which, strangely, doesn't seem to have even been recorded)...there are folks on this forum who attended that April Fools Day gig, and said it was pretty decent.

Yeah. I think he sounds good for not touching a guitar foor a while. Its a good show. Yeah it would be nice to hear that one. Maybe one day, maybe never...

Archived