Heartbreaker guitar solo

jimmyace2006

• 2 months later...

That's some really great playing man, I think I might have watched your video of no quarter before to work out the live solo for my band, you play it a lot better than me though! I think it's time a went a bit deeper into that solo...seeming as your an accomplished page player have got any idea on what he's doing at the very end of Moby dick (how the west was one)? I keep working out little bits and bobs but it doesn't seem to stick to diotonic notes....almost like an Indian thing he's picked up on his travels... He does a variation on almost every live ending to MD. it's driving me mad!  

4 minutes ago, russellhammond said:

That's some really great playing man, I think I might have watched your video of no quarter before to work out the live solo for my band, you play it a lot better than me though! I think it's time a went a bit deeper into that solo...seeming as your an accomplished page player have got any idea on what he's doing at the very end of Moby dick (how the west was one)? I keep working out little bits and bobs but it doesn't seem to stick to diotonic notes....almost like an Indian thing he's picked up on his travels... He does a variation on almost every live ending to MD. it's driving me mad!  

How the West Was Won is one of those CDs I have not listened to, surprisingly.  I tweaked that No Quarter solo toward the end, and recorded it on a different guitar.  The one I posted above was recorded on a Jimmy Page #2 Les Paul.  This newer one was recorded on a Jimmy Page #1 LP:

• 1 year later...

Archived