How I fell in Love

charlton

I am new to this forum, but would like to profess my love for Led Zeppelin. You see, I was raised the son of a country music star in Nashville Tennessee(look up Charlie Walker on You Tube, he is singing on the Porter Waggoner show "My Shoes Keep Walking Back to You"). My father was a legend in his respective career (Texas Honkey Tonk Country late 50's through the 60's), and I remember hitting the big string on an amped up bass guitar when I was 5. Dad always played vintage country, but I loved rock. It was a combination of hearing Black Dog, Ramble On, and Kashmir that sealed the deal. By the time I was sixteen, I had posters of only Led Zeppelin on my wall, a Les Paul, and a steady flow of marijuana in hand. I wanted to be a rock superstar. I went off to college, met my wife, quit smoking (weed that is) and now I am the father of a beautiful boy. I just bought him a Zeppelin onesy. Anyways, the O2 reunion has reset that spark and I am jamming right now to In My Time of Dying on my DVD of the Earls Court Show. I love Zeppelin and may my son always appreciate their contribution to music.

Viva La Zeppelin!!!

Welcome to the forum, Charlton. I grew up in a "country" household also. My dad played in a country band. Nothing big. I can't even remember the name of the band it was so long ago. My mother was into gospel and country. I have a vague memory of going to concerts. The first rock and roll, I remember hearing was CCR. I fell in love with rock and I still dislike country music. I've never pushed my kids to listen to my music but they love it for which I'm very grateful. For me, Zeppelin is the pinnacle of rock and roll.

Archived