Page and Plant Manchester England November 1998

Xolo1974

Hi all. I attended this gig and left very disappointed because of the acoustics at the venue. Totally ruined it. 

There's a bootleg around, an audience recording. The sound quality aint that good, particularly in comparison to the sound of the awesome Paris and New Orleans gigs. My question is; does anybody know if there has been a soundboard release for the Manchester show? 

And while we're at it, is there a Pre FM mix of the New Orleans show that doesn't have that nobhead DJ talking over the music? When I listen  to it I feel like strangling the bastard.

Cheers in advance for your help. 

There is no soundboard recording of Manchester 1998 in circulation. It so happens I attended that show and filmed it in it's entirety from the right side of the arena, about half-way back.

There is no pre-FM mix of the New Orleans show, however if I recall correctly it is possible to overdub the audience recording over the bit the DJ speaks over. 

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

There is no soundboard recording of Manchester 1998 in circulation. It so happens I attended that show and filmed it in it's entirety from the right side of the arena, about half-way back.

There is no pre-FM mix of the New Orleans show, however if I recall correctly it is possible to overdub the audience recording over the bit the DJ speaks over. 

What were your thoughts on the gig Steve? And are you winding me up about videoing it, or even attending? 

13 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

What were your thoughts on the gig Steve? And are you winding me up about videoing it, or even attending? 

I thought it was a very solid gig. The sound could have been better but I felt the same way at other venues on that tour. I'm not winding you up about attending or filming the complete show, as I did both at several UK gigs in 1995 & 1998.

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I thought it was a very solid gig. The sound could have been better but I felt the same way at other venues on that tour. I'm not winding you up about attending or filming the complete show, as I did both at several UK gigs in 1995 & 1998.

I think I was higher up in the audience than you were, towards the top. But on the same side. Hard to believe that it was nearly 20 years ago. I was a 24 year old kid for gods sake. Seems like only yesterday 

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Oh, and if you find it in your heart to somehow let me see that video footage I'd be forever grateful

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Oh, and if you find it in your heart to somehow let me see that video footage I'd be forever grateful

I'm not a hoarder, just a busy guy! I have a couple of audiophile friends asking to make digital clones of all my master tapes and post them online. If I do return briefly to US this summer I probably will retrieve those tapes from storage and commission them to take a stab at it.    

57 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm not a hoarder, just a busy guy! I have a couple of audiophile friends asking to make digital clones of all my master tapes and post them online. If I do return briefly to US this summer I probably will retrieve those tapes from storage and commission them to take a stab at it.    

Ok mate thanks. Have a good weekend 

• 4 years later...

I was on the barrier right in front of Jimmy all night. Before they took to the stage I could see him ‘limbering up’ doing some stretches using the stairs to the stage as support. At one point while playing a solo his eyes rolled into the back of his head and drool started coming out of the side of his mouth. At the end of the gig Robert came to the front of the stage making eye contact with people at the front and mouthing ‘thank you’ to them. A definite ‘once in a lifetime’ event!