TSRTS soundtrack original Celebration Day version

dpat

1 hour ago, pluribus said:

A likely reason why the 27th wasn’t used is because Page broke a string during CD. This is why Page is seen with the red Les Paul for the very end of Black Dog in the movie.

I wondered if he really did have the red one in that shot or if my eyes were fooling me. It's just barely visible.

Since Robert said "Good Evening" right after that, I'd bet the pause to switch guitars was very brief. Maybe Raymond had seen the broken string ahead of time and had the red one ready to go.

With all the new sources popping up, the 27th being one of them would be a real treat!

7 hours ago, William Austin said:

I wondered if he really did have the red one in that shot or if my eyes were fooling me. It's just barely visible.

Since Robert said "Good Evening" right after that, I'd bet the pause to switch guitars was very brief. Maybe Raymond had seen the broken string ahead of time and had the red one ready to go.

With all the new sources popping up, the 27th being one of them would be a real treat!

The string broke during Celebration Day at 7/27. That red Les Paul was his backup, so naturally it was ready to go, mid-song. Page kept the guitar on to finish out Celebration Day and continue through all of Black Dog. After BD ended, the band paused for Plant's "Good Evening", and Page got #1 back, with a new string on it, which is what you can see in the movie.

Edited by pluribus