Robert Plant: Beard Of The Year!

Hazza1971

:blink:

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/33380

Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has been named the “beard of the year” by the Beard Liberation Front.

The singer has granted the 2007 award by the informal network of British beard wearers, beating Liverpool FC manager Rafael Benitez into second place.

Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson shared third place with last year’s winner, England cricketer Monty Panesar.

Beard Liberation Front organiser Keith Flett told BBC News: "The winners this year have stylish beards and are promoting a new 21st Century image of the hirsute."

Interesting. I never thought of men having to shave their faces for work as being "Beardist". But true I suppose. :lol:

I wouldn't have known their was ever such a group! Ha!

"In 2002 the BLF called for a semi-boycott of the second Harry Potter film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, citing the continued presence of obviously fake beards worn by actors Robbie Coltrane and Richard Harris. Flett claimed that the Christmas season was the worst time of year for beardist taunts, with the Potter movies adding to the ammunition already given by Father Christmas. Acknowledging that the pressure from beardies' children would be too great to consider an outright boycott, he said that supporters were merely being encouraged to hiss and boo at the screen."

source:wiki

Archived