The Alyona Sings Zeppelin Thread

R Amblinman

Alyona Yarushina is a vocalist, composer, performer, arranger from Moscow. I've copied part of her bio below where she introduces herself.

I am a singer originally from Russia. I have a full musical education, starting with music school, 9 years on the piano, then college as a conductor of a choir, then a musical university as an artist and vocalist.

In 2004, I won the “International Hopes of Europe” competition in Sochi, Russia along with the “Grand Prix” prize, which represents the highest award that competition can offer. There were 27 countries represented in that competition with over 1,000 contestants.

In Russia, I played with several bands.  One of them is the best Led Zeppelin tribute band in Russia called "Plumbum Dreams".  The other one is called "Back from the USSR", where we played Beatles songs in my own arrangements. We played in Liverpool, England almost every year on the Beatles week fest.  My dad, Valeriy Yarushin is my bass player in this band.  He's a legend of Russian folk-rock and his band “Ariel” was most popular in the 70s and still is now.  I learned a lot from him.

During my career, I had the opportunity to perform with great artists such as Chick Corea, Chris Slade (AC/DC drummer), Ryan Roxie (Alice Cooper guitarist), Innes Sibun (Robert Plant's guitarist), David Campbell (musical producer and arranger of Muse and Adele), Brian Tichy (drummer for Whitesnake, Billy Idol, Foreigner, Ozzy Ozborne), Hal Bruce and others.

I started making cover songs on my own in 2002. Since that time, I have made over 320 videos for my Music Channel on YouTube from a variety of different genres.  I have recorded cover songs from ABBA, Beyonce, Chicago, Duran Duran, Motley Crue, Queen, Whitney Houston and many more.

I like a lot of different song styles like rock, pop and jazz. I love classic rock. Bands like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Boston, Oasis, Jeff Buckley, Vixen, Janis Joplin, Aerosmith, Guns'n'Roses, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Winger, Skid Row and others. 

While Alyona's You Tube channel is completely multi-genre featuring her covers of the bands and artists she has mentioned, and many others, its rock music - and especially Led Zeppelin - that is her main thing. She has recorded a lot of her own Zeppelin vocal covers. And she says there is a lot more of them coming in 2019. Alyona has also written the songs for her own debut album, and says it will be a classic rock/melodic rock style album. She just needs to get it recorded. This will take her some time to get done as she will be recording and producing the whole thing herself in her home studio. She uses Logic Pro and plays all the instruments herself through her keyboard. Her skills in this area are amazing to watch. She has made a lot of her videos in this way.

If anyone is interested in following the musical adventures of Alyona, I will keep this thread regularly updated. Usually with her Zeppelin vocal covers, she has been singing Zeppelin since 2008. Here's the link to her You Tube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/rjn3000/videos

Innes Sibun was Robert Plant's guitarist on the 1993 Fate Of Nations world tour. When he was gigging in Moscow in 2014, he asked Alyona to be his vocalist for some songs. This is one of the songs that they did, but this is Alyona's own vocal cover, she recorded this back in the summer

12 hours ago, R Amblinman said:

Innes Sibun was Robert Plant's guitarist on the 1993 Fate Of Nations world tour. When he was gigging in Moscow in 2014, he asked Alyona to be his vocalist for some songs. This is one of the songs that they did, but this is Alyona's own vocal cover, she recorded this back in the summer

Would you know how to contact her?  I'm part of a YouTube project called Virtual Zeppelin and we would love to invite her to sing on a video of ours. Right now we are looking for a singer but we have been posting instrumental versions in the meantime. It's a serious band, and top level players. No bullshit. 

8 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Would you know how to contact her?  I'm part of a YouTube project called Virtual Zeppelin and we would love to invite her to sing on a video of ours. Right now we are looking for a singer but we have been posting instrumental versions in the meantime. It's a serious band, and top level players. No bullshit. 

If you open up the video description, all her social media contact details are there. But, I just sent Alyona a PM on Facebook. She said to email her here  - alvayar@yandex.ru, 

Alyona names this one as her fave Zeppelin song. And, along with The Rover, it was her first introduction to the music of the band.

"Many years ago I had not even been listening to Led Zeppelin - even none of their songs were familiar to me at that time before in 2008 a Led Zeppelin tribute band called Plumbum Dreams found me through musical friends and asked me if I want to sing 2 LZ songs with them in Moscow on 40 year anniversary of Led Zeppelin. I decided to try. At that moment I already used my raspy sound in Beatles music. So they gave me just 2 songs: "Since I've Been Loving You" and "The Rover". After that show this band invited me to be their lead singer. That's how I was attracted to that music. Only after I started singing them. Then those songs became really close spiritually to me. Many of them. So I performed often." - Alyona

4 hours ago, R Amblinman said:

If you open up the video description, all her social media contact details are there. But, I just sent Alyona a PM on Facebook. She said to email her here  - alvayar@yandex.ru, 

Thank you. We will see if she's interested. Could be fun! 

3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Thank you. We will see if she's interested. Could be fun! 

Yes, Alyona is definitely interested in hearing from you about this. It will be great if it all comes together. She's a fluent english speaker and has done some other international collabs. She puts this message in all of her video notes - For any invitations: alvayar@yandex.ru  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Black Dog - International collaboration recorded last year. They've also recorded Rock And Roll & Whole Lotta Love

Alyona Yarushina (Russia) - Vocals

Andrei Cerbu (Romania) - Guitar

Sina (Germany) - Drums

Mike Wilbury (Germany) - Bass

Mike is Sina's dad, and he did not wish to appear in the video.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Alyona has now moved to the USA! She spent 18 months in the US in 2011-2012 as a gigging musician. And she's wanted to get back there ever since.

"Hey guys! We just moved to the USA. I got a visa called Alien with extraordinary ability, it is an immigrant visa type which allows me to work here as a musician. At the moment we are in Florida. We flew here on the 16th of March and couple of days later they stopped almost all the flights from Russia to the US so we were lucky!" - Alyona on Facebook

So with Alyona now armed with her new special visa, I guess it must be time for the...Immigrant Song!