YOU are the interviewer.....

rm2551

Not sure if this has been done before, but what are the top - lets say 5? - questions or themes you'd ask Jimmy Page should you ever have the honour.

Me:

When The Levy Breaks - What order was that laid down onto tape? What instrument(s) was on the initial track, and what followed in what order. While the drums are one of the most recognisable - and greatest - hooks in history, the guitar, harmonica, and vocals are equals. So how did that come about.

Were there any other "originals" besides For Your Life considered for the 02 gig? If so, why were they dropped. If not, why not go for it? And expanding on that, I always thought Carouselumbra would have made a brilliant other bookend to Good Times Bad Times for that show - was this ever considered?

What was the song that you were blown away by - from the delivery/contribution of Robert's vocals. He was great on every track, but what was that magical connection "moment" in the studio where you thought it was beyond belief how in tune you two were? That moment where you just thought - WOW.

What is your favourite song - or part of a song - from being really happy with the guitar tone and feeling/emotion portrayed from a rock guitarist only point of view?

Given how popular, and incredible, the LA Forum gigs were in 1977, if you had soundboards for those gigs, would you ever consider producing something from them? Especially given the lack of available material for that important period in the time line. Given the current technology, we know a live release could be made to sound at least as good as the LZ1 companion disk if not blow it away with respect to that performance. Kashmir alone (for the whole LA run) is ridiculous. Why not produce that into a release?

THEY are the questions that immediately come to mind. Tomorrow i may well have 5 others. What are yours?

1. Jimmy, why did you authorise the rerelease of TSRTS with the atrocious edits?

2. Did no one in the camp point out that the edits sound shit? If so, why did you override them?

3. Do you now feel a little silly at spending the last fifteen years claiming you're releasing a solo, album soon? 

One of my favorites projects of yours is the Death Wish 2 film score and Soundtrack.

You are a natural with this type of music. I was wondering why you didn't do more of it.

Also why did you sell Sol Studio?

That's enough for now..

Archived