Robert Plant's Saving Grace

Couldn't find a thread specifically for this. Has anybody else managed to catch this band at any of the few very intimate shows they've done? I went to a show at the tiny Tivoli Theatre in Wimborne the other night, and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable nights I've had listening to live music in a long time. The intimate venue seemed to make Plant relax and there were a lot of jokes and messing around with the other band members, as well as some interesting stories on the origins of the songs. But the real star here was his vocal partnership with Suzy Dian. It was magical, they just gelled so well, and the band was extremely tight, the array of instruments adding the kind of Middle Eastern flavour Plant seems to love exploring. Discussing it afterwards, I realised that I enjoyed it much more than the Space Shifters, which is odd I suppose because it's of that ilk, but I think because there was no pressure at all (they didn't play a single Zep tune and it's to the credit of how good the night was that I didn't even notice) it freed everybody up to just play music they loved.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:19 AM, SteveAJones said:

No. I doubt I will ever see them as they'll never perform in Japan. I would like to see them though. 

Robert Plant Saving Grace - Cindy, I'll Marry You Someday live Brunel Goods Shed Stroud 22.05.2019

Really like the performance but what is with Robert? Why is he ignoring his lovely duet partner? One of the best parts of a duet is the interaction with your partner. It just looked odd her fawning over Robert while he was way off somewhere else. His voice was great though and two sing very well together.