Blueberry Hill 9/4/70

godzilla777

Source 1 ver 1: Neutral Zone cds (sourced from original tape used to make the TmQ bootleg vinyl - so tracks are deliberately out of order), or try Last Stand Discs version which put the NZ cd tracks in the correct running order.

Source 1 ver 2: Empress Valley TmQ version, (sourced from the original tapes, which have since aged).  Doesn’t sound as clear as the NZ version, but has more tape in spots, or try Eat a Peach for a combination of tracks from the Neutral Zone and Empress Valley releases.

Source 2: Only available on vinyl and incomplete. Lots of vinyl rips exist, some better than others.

Source 3: Cobla Standard mix has clearest sound, Graf Zeppelin has mix based on 3rdgen tape. 2nd/3rd/4th gen versions exist too.

Source 4: Lowgen source. 

Source 5: Lowgen source has cuts and a few channel issues. Golden Eggs has the source cleaned up and mixed with other sources to make the complete show.

Source 6: Tranafer from master cassette is the only circulating version. This source has roughest sound, but has the full intro, just like Source 4.

Just listened to the Neutral zone version. Wow,  that one is really clear. What a great show full of energy. I know they are a lot of famous shows. and everyone has their favorites. But when ever anyone compiles a list of the best shows sound and performance. This show should be in the top 5 of everyone's list.

Plants voice is awesome at this show, and I know people pick shows because Jimmy is having a good night, or Bonham. But this one has all them firing on all cylinders. 

Plant never sounded this good after 71' and I can't think of any better shows, but the band always seemed better when they were playing L.A.    

Edited by godzilla777