Questions re: No Quarter - Unledded

Krish

Can someone help with the following:

1. I have both the remastered & mastered CD and there are differences: eg., Kashmir is nearly 90 seconds shorter on the remastered version - why was it cut short?

2. Yallah has been renamed The Truth Explodes which is a lyric in the song - why was this done?

3. Why didn't they include JPJ on this project?

4. Why was Thank You replaced with The Rain Song on the remastered version? Couldn't both songs have fit on the single CD?

Thanks, K

Also, City Don't Cry and Wah Wah were originally the same song on my CD, but then subsequently split in two.

Don't know the answers to your questions, but that version of Rain Song is great!

As far as JPJ is concerned , there has been lots of speculation about that.

The best I can glean is this:

The whole project came together kind of spontaneously.

They didn't want it to be a Zep reunion.

Plant was to do an MTV unplugged and when the subject of Page coming on as a special guest came up, they decided that that just wouldn't do.

These guys have always been 'allergic' to the whole nostalgia aspect of a reunion and always wanted to keep things fresh and new.

So Jimmy and Robert got their wander-lust on and traveled around the world to some places that had inspired them musically, to write some new material.

This was a proccess that didn't involve JPJ. I don't think it was an effort to snub him as much as it was like "We're not gonna do a Led Zeppelin reunion, so let's make something new".

Can someone help with the following:

1. I have both the remastered & mastered CD and there are differences: eg., Kashmir is nearly 90 seconds shorter on the remastered version - why was it cut short?

2. Yallah has been renamed The Truth Explodes which is a lyric in the song - why was this done?

3. Why didn't they include JPJ on this project?

4. Why was Thank You replaced with The Rain Song on the remastered version? Couldn't both songs have fit on the single CD?

Thanks, K

The Rain Song was originaly track 3 on CD 1 of the Gallows Pole 2 CD single set (WIAWSNB was tk 3 on CD2)................ So i suppose it's a marketing ploy to get those that don't have the single to re-buy the album............... but that still leaves WIAWSNB as non album........ oh and then there's the French Kashmir CD single that has WTLB as tk 2............... But they are all included on the DVD..........which has Yallah as the Truth Explodes........... as for a shorter Kashmir, i don't know.

Also, City Don't Cry and Wah Wah were originally the same song on my CD, but then subsequently split in two.

Don't know the answers to your questions, but that version of Rain Song is great!

As far as JPJ is concerned , there has been lots of speculation about that.

The best I can glean is this:

The whole project came together kind of spontaneously.

They didn't want it to be a Zep reunion.

Plant was to do an MTV unplugged and when the subject of Page coming on as a special guest came up, they decided that that just wouldn't do.

These guys have always been 'allergic' to the whole nostalgia aspect of a reunion and always wanted to keep things fresh and new.

So Jimmy and Robert got their wander-lust on and traveled around the world to some places that had inspired them musically, to write some new material.

This was a proccess that didn't involve JPJ. I don't think it was an effort to snub him as much as it was like "We're not gonna do a Led Zeppelin reunion, so let's make something new".

City Don't Cry-tk 6.............Wah Wah-tk 10............... Have always been seperate tracks.

I've lost my original copy of the CD. But here's a description of a later pressing that I found on-line..

The CD is a re-release of the 1994 album. This new version of the album contains all the tracks on the original album plus the bonus tracks, "The Rain Song" and "Wah Wah."

If it was originally seperate track, it wouldn't be described as a bonus track.

I distinctly remember hearing what was later called "Wah Wah" as the ending of "City Don't Cry".

That's also how it was edited on MTV, where P/P are seated with street musicians in a circle as they do CDC but by the end, they're in front of a large crowd 'downtown'(Marrakesh in Morocco?)

Then I found this:

"Mid-priced 14 track collection includes one bonus track, 'Wah Wah' that is unavailable on the US pressing which is more expensive now than the import!"

I remember looking at the track listing before I bought the VHS and thinking 'Wah Wah', what's that?"

Only to find that it was just a re-edit of CDC.

It's basically the same jam anyway.

I've lost my original copy of the CD. But here's a description of a later pressing that I found on-line..

The CD is a re-release of the 1994 album. This new version of the album contains all the tracks on the original album plus the bonus tracks, "The Rain Song" and "Wah Wah."

If it was originally seperate track, it wouldn't be described as a bonus track.

I distinctly remember hearing what was later called "Wah Wah" as the ending of "City Don't Cry".

That's also how it was edited on MTV, where P/P are seated with street musicians in a circle as they do CDC but by the end, they're in front of a large crowd 'downtown'(Marrakesh in Morocco?)

Then I found this:

"Mid-priced 14 track collection includes one bonus track, 'Wah Wah' that is unavailable on the US pressing which is more expensive now than the import!"

I remember looking at the track listing before I bought the VHS and thinking 'Wah Wah', what's that?"

Only to find that it was just a re-edit of CDC.

It's basically the same jam anyway.

I'll say it again CDC tk-6, Wah Wah tk 10.... SEPERATE tracks, UK PRESSING....Bought on day of release....whenever that was............ On the DVD, CDC is tk7, The Truth Explodes is tk 8, Wah Wah is tk9......... SEPERATE tracks. They maybe similar but they are not the same.

^^OK that was on the UK pressing. Not the US. I think I've shown that Wah Wah was not on the original US release as a seperate track. It was part of the end of City Don't Cry.

Weather or not it was recorded that way, I do not know. But that's how it was presented. :)

Archived