outrider

PJP

Has anyone heard of a promotional calfskin billfold made for the Presence release?

Printed on front:

Led Zeppelin 

Jimmy Page

Presence 1976

I have one, I've never seen another and have scoured the internet. Leather billfold made by Vantage, a UK company, I think. Not selling, just curious. 

Good guess, Steve. But, a calfskin billfold made in the UK would be an expensive bootleg merch item, and likely be crappy quality. There were/are thousands of Zep wallets, velcro to leather, but no billfolds that I can find or have ever seen. I'm hoping others pop up, it would be interesting to see where/when/why they were made. 

23 hours ago, PJP said:

Good guess, Steve. But, a calfskin billfold made in the UK would be an expensive bootleg merch item, and likely be crappy quality. There were/are thousands of Zep wallets, velcro to leather, but no billfolds that I can find or have ever seen. I'm hoping others pop up, it would be interesting to see where/when/why they were made. 

I'm suggesting "unlicensed merchandise" in the broadest sense of the term...to include expensive, unique, one off items given to someone as a gift, etc. It is almost certainly NOT an official promotional item. Perhaps sam_webmaster will share his opinion.

I'm reminded I own this leather Harley-Davidson motorcycle jacket allegedly worn by a member of Robert Plant's entourage or road crew on the 1988 North American tour. It is emblazoned with the logo from the front of his Now and Zen album. If memory serves correct it's a ladies jacket. As with the billfold wallet described above, it is almost certainly an item uniquely personalized for the owner. This jacket is definitely NOT an official promo item nor official merchandise.

1988 Harley-Davidson Jacket (Robert Plant Fan)  001.jpg

1988 Harley-Davidson Jacket (Robert Plant Fan)  004.jpg

1988 Harley-Davidson Jacket (Robert Plant Fan)  005.jpg

1988 Harley-Davidson Jacket (Robert Plant Fan)  008.jpg

• 6 months later...