Elder: You Guys Should Check this Band OUT!

nemophilist

Been really in to this band lately. Definitely pushing the boundaries of Stoner Rock/Sludge Metal in to the realms of psychedelic and post rock. I connect with them a lot as a writer as my music is a bit similar in approach and style some when I heard them I felt a kinship. They're definitely a diverse stoner rock band. Personally I think they've made some of the coolest songs I've ever heard. They even do extended jams like Zeppelin. I can definitely hear some Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath influence in their music.

I thought this performance of theirs was quite good. Give it a listen. From 9:22 to 10:30 is just magic, very creative and unique guitar parts. Well their entire catalog is creative but that section is a personal favorite of mine.

They play 2 songs here, first one is like 11-12 minutes long but you gotta give it a listen! Goes through a lot of changes.

It's criminal how bands like this are so unknown, these guys should be getting the praise Greta Van Fleet gets.

20 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Fully agree, great band.  Although, I do think they should have continued in the direction of their first album, and not so much in the prog direction they've taken.  E.g.,

Absolutely, that first album was awesome. The second or third one was great too, it's called "Lore."

20 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Fully agree, great band.  Although, I do think they should have continued in the direction of their first album, and not so much in the prog direction they've taken.  E.g.,

Personally I love that they've incorporated other elements other than just great stoner rock. But that's just me. My personal favorite is Lore, as an overall album. But I do love all of their releases. I'm excited to see what direction they head with their upcoming release entitled Omens. I think it comes out in late April. Possibly the 24th?

21 hours ago, 1998giventofly said:

Same here! I believe so, I'm thinking it's going to be more along the lines of the latest album. I'll be going to see them at a smaller club in Cleveland in May! Definitely curious to see them.

Did you hear the newest song? It was just uploaded today.

21 hours ago, 1998giventofly said:

Same here! I believe so, I'm thinking it's going to be more along the lines of the latest album. I'll be going to see them at a smaller club in Cleveland in May! Definitely curious to see them.

It was unlisted so  I figured I'd link you to it.