Ranking The 1975 Shows

Bonzo_fan

3 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

It would be a FRanKenSTein mix-up, sound-wise. So, wouldn't flow too well if I actually tried to put that list together and listen to it

Also, sound-quality aside there's a certain ebb-and-flow to '75 that sets each night apart (probably true of any tour but it seems especially accentuated in '75).  For example, the kick-ass Rock n Roll from 3-12-75 on your list, it sets the tone for that whole show, it would be out of place even on an outstanding night like Philly (where Page is almost '73 fluid).  Plus as great as the EC acoustic set was, I have trouble picturing it in the US in '75 (although it looked really good on paper in '77, so who knows).

25 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Also, sound-quality aside there's a certain ebb-and-flow to '75 that sets each night apart (probably true of any tour but it seems especially accentuated in '75).  For example, the kick-ass Rock n Roll from 3-12-75 on your list, it sets the tone for that whole show, it would be out of place even on an outstanding night like Philly (where Page is almost '73 fluid).  Plus as great as the EC acoustic set was, I have trouble picturing it in the US in '75 (although it looked really good on paper in '77, so who knows).

Yeah, exactly. Each show has its own atmosphere that you can really feel, especially with the aud recordings. And like you - say an ebb and flow for sure.