Chisato Moritaka (森高千里, Moritaka Chisato)

Chisato Moritaka (森高千里, Moritaka Chisato) is a Japanese pop artist who is signed under the Zetima record label. She made her debut in 1987 with the single "New Season" under Warner Music Japan and quickly rose to fame. She is well known for being unlike most of the '80's idols, writing her own lyrics and composing music.

https://www.generasia.com/wiki/Moritaka_Chisato

Scans courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

1990 (Spring) From C Side Paper (Tokyo) (Front Cover).jpg

1990 07 Young Song (Japan) (Front Cover).jpg

1991 09 Young Song (Japan) (Front Cover).jpg

1993 06 04 Oricon Weekly (Vol. 12) (Japan) (Front Cover).jpg

1993 10 06-20 CD Data (Japan) (Front Cover).jpg

1998 08 15 Lawson Ticket (Japan) (Front Cover).jpg

1998 09 08 Tokyo Walker (#36) (Tokyo, Japan) (Front Cover).jpg

2009 05 Lee (Japan) (Front Cover).jpg

2019 07 Beauty Story (Japan) (Front Cover 1 of 2).jpg

2019 07 Beauty Story (Japan) (Front Cover 2 of 2).jpg

I should have mentioned from the start the purpose of this thread is to introduce Chisato to new listeners, particularly those outside of Japan. I am working on a couple of long term projects concerning Chisato that I hope will be of interest to people outside of Japan. I do understand if Westerners find she's not their cup of tea. I will post more content soonest and thank you for your continued interest.   

• 2 weeks later...

いつも森高千里を応援いただき、誠にありがとうございます。

引き続き新型コロナウイルスによる感染の終息が見えない日々を過ごされている事と思います。5月15日時点での状況に鑑みて、全国各地への移動、準備期間、チケットの販売時期、などを考慮した結果、お客様ならびに出演者、関連する全ての関係者の健康と安全を考慮し、発表している12月までの公演を誠に残念ではございますが、中止または延期することと致しました。

公演を楽しみにされていたお客様には、残念なお知らせとなってしまいますが、ご理解のほど何卒よろしくお願いいたします。

先の見えない状況下で、イベント開催自粛が続いていますが、お客様が安心し楽しんでいただけるコンサートが1日でも早く開催できる事を願っています。

<中止または延期公演>
9月 5日(土) 佐賀県 佐賀市文化会館 大ホール
9月 6日(日) 長崎県 長崎ブリックホール 大ホール
9月 26日(土) 東京 昭和女子大学 人見記念講堂
9月 27日(日) 東京 昭和女子大学 人見記念講堂
10月10日(土) 千葉 松戸森のホール21 大ホール
10月17日(土) 岐阜 バロー文化ホール(多治見市文化会館)大ホール
10月18日(日) 福井 福井フェニックスプラザ大ホール
11月 7日(土) 富山 新川文化ホール ミラージュホール 大ホール
11月 8日(日) 新潟 長岡市立劇場 大ホール
11月22日(日) 静岡 焼津文化会館 大ホール
12月12日(土) 奈良 桜井市民会館
12月13日(日) 大阪 フェスティバルホール

現在、出来る限り振替公演を実施したいと考えておりますが、
情勢を見ながらの判断とさせて頂く事をご理解頂けますと幸いです。
また、会場等の調整がつかない場合は中止とさせて頂く場合もございますので予めご了承ください。

中止または延期公演のチケットをお申し込み、購入済みの皆様には、振替公演の開催の有無をはじめとする今後の方針が決まり次第、オフィシャルHPでご案内致します。
また、それ以降の公演の開催に関しても、随時オフィシャルHPでご案内致します。

注:現在告知している一般発売日にはチケット発売は行いませんのでご注意下さい。

Thank you very much for your support of Chisato Moritaka.

I think that infections by the new coronavirus continue every day with no end in sight. In view of the situation as of May 15, we are truly sorry for the performances until December, but we have decided to cancel or postpone the performances until December, taking into account the health and safety of our customers, performers, and all relevant parties, taking into account the travel, preparation period, and timing of ticket sales.

If you were looking forward to the performances, we would like to inform you, but thank you for your understanding.

Given the unknown circumstances of the future, this decision has been self-imposed, but we hope that a concert that customers can enjoy with peace of mind can be held as soon as possible.

<中止または延期公演>
Sep. 5 (Sat) Saga City Bunka Kaikan Large Hall
Sunday, September 6 Nagasaki Brick Hall
September 26 (Sat) Tokyo Showa Women's University Hitomi Memorial Auditorium
September 27 (Sun) Hitomi Memorial Auditorium, Tokyo Showa Women's University
Oct. 10 (Sat) Chiba Matsudo Forest Hall 21 Great Hall
Oct. 17 (Sat) Gifu Barrow Cultural Hall (Tajimi City Bunka Kaikan) Large Hall
Oct. 18 (Sun) Fukui Phoenix Plaza Grand Hall
November 7 (Sat) Toyama Shinkawa Culture Hall Mirage Hall
November 8 (Sun) Niigata Nagaoka City Theatre Large Hall
November 22 (Sun) Shizuoka Yaizu Bunka Kaikan Large Hall
December 12 (Sat) Nara Sakurai City Hall
December 13 (Sun) Osaka Festival Hall

At the present, we would like to hold transfer performances as much as possible. I hope you understand that we will make a judgment while looking at the situation. In addition, please note that if the venue is not adjusted, we may cancel it.

If you have applied for tickets for discontinued or postponed performances and have purchased them, we will inform you on the official website as soon as future policies, including whether or not to hold transfer performances, have been decided. In addition, we will inform you on the official website at any time about the holding of subsequent performances.

Note: Please note that tickets will not be released on the general release date currently announced.

7 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Tough sell. This girl is pretty, yes, but so so pop-centric. How about a Japanese... Stevie Nicks...?

Generally speaking, pop music in Japan only goes back to the mid-1970s. Chisato san was influenced to some extent by those early J-pop artists, such as Pink Lady (Mitsuyo Nemoto and Keiko Masuda).  By the end of the 1980s, such was her popularity that Chisato san became the first female J-pop artist to complete a nation-wide tour of every prefecture. Personally, in my opinion, I don't think this country (Japan) would ever produce a Stevie Nicks if only because the social, cultural and musical influences that impacted Nicks simply don't exist here. Additionally, their life experiences are completely different.

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Personally, in my opinion, I don't think this country (Japan) would ever produce a Stevie Nicks if only because the social, cultural and musical influences that impacted Nicks simply don't exist here. Additionally, their life experiences are completely different.

I can see where the abandon which a Stevie Nicks employs is in direct conflict with the strict self control Japanese are known for. Considering that angle, rock music and Japanese culture have an interesting co-existence. 

These ladies can rock, but i have a hard time imagining them sharing an 8 ball with Joe Walsh.