Led Zeppelin Conspiracy Theories

MightyZep

Man I love Led Zep. Probably too much like most everbody on this forum. But, being a crazy Zep fan I have always been afraid of one thing: that it's not real. Now I know that sounds like some "Paul is really dead like the Beatles said", but I have a fear of Led Zeppelin being fake or something. DONT GET ME WRONG, I know that they aren't fake but it is some odd fan fear that I have. I think this conspiracy theory comes from too many tv shows and the way that all the Zeppelin albums sound so different from one another. Drastic changes from LZ I to ITTOT in the sound make the conspirist in me say: is that really still them? This fear has me going, "Is Jimmy really playin that guitar?" or "How in shit's name is that Robert's voice, it sounds so different from IV!" Personally, I think that I am just afraid of what I like so much being false. Anyone else ever thought this crazy shit? Or any other crazy conspiracy theories? I'm wanting the AA thing for Zep too!

Nah, It's just their unique sound thats all.

Only Zeppelin have really managed to change their sound as they go through album to album, plus as the albums were released they were getting older.

Plant's voice started to change near the latter days of Led Zeppelin.

This fear has me going, "Is Jimmy really playin that guitar?" or "How in shit's name is that Robert's voice, it sounds so different from IV!" Personally, I think that I am just afraid of what I like so much being false.

Stop smoking pot.....?

I have been listening to Jimmy play guitar for a long time now, and am convinced it is him playing on every record. How is that for a conspiracy? But seriously, if you get all his solo work as well, and listen, there are musical threads which flow through all of his playing. I'm no musicologist and can't use technical terms, but there are specific traits in Page's playing which remain consistent throughout. The rhythms and picking styles, the note selection, chord progressions and so on remain the same through his career, up till now. Jimmy can be described as a loose player (tight but loose), and you will notice the 'sloppyness' which is such a part of his style. It would be next to impossible for anyone to replicate this, it is unique and give Page his signature sound.

Aside from this, who would create a fake band called Led Zeppelin and why?

Stop smoking pot.....?

I have been listening to Jimmy play guitar for a long time now, and am convinced it is him playing on every record. How is that for a conspiracy? But seriously, if you get all his solo work as well, and listen, there are musical threads which flow through all of his playing. I'm no musicologist and can't use technical terms, but there are specific traits in Page's playing which remain consistent throughout. The rhythms and picking styles, the note selection, chord progressions and so on remain the same through his career, up till now. Jimmy can be described as a loose player (tight but loose), and you will notice the 'sloppyness' which is such a part of his style. It would be next to impossible for anyone to replicate this, it is unique and give Page his signature sound.

Aside from this, who would create a fake band called Led Zeppelin and why?

I'll try to lay off the pot jk. Yeah man I see what you're sayin. I know that what I said is crazy and I wrote it around at 3 in the mornin! You're right about Jimmy's guitar playing and how his style remains consistent throughout his career. I do understand that they are "the for real deal" and that it really is them through all the changes. But, one of the things I would hate to find out most is that they aren't real. I have no idea how that would work because, as you said: "who would create a fake band and call them Led Zeppelin and why?" I really need to stay away from this forum in the middle of the night! (and the pot)...

Archived