The movie The Hindenburg

I recently saw the 1975 movie The Hindenburg.  The movie, like Led Zeppelin, were both a little before my time.  I was a teen of the '80's, but I was still a huge Zep fan in the 9 80's and beyond.  The Hindenburg was described in the movie as, "The Zep."  I wondered how many high school, and maybe a few college, kids at the time joked they loved "The Zep" but maybe not that Zep.  High school students, by nature, are automatically sarcastic.  I am sure some made the connection and had a wise comment about it. 

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

I recently saw the 1975 movie The Hindenburg.  The movie, like Led Zeppelin, were both a little before my time.  I was a teen of the '80's, but I was still a huge Zep fan in the 9 80's and beyond.  The Hindenburg was described in the movie as, "The Zep."  I wondered how many high school, and maybe a few college, kids at the time joked they loved "The Zep" but maybe not that Zep.  High school students, by nature, are automatically sarcastic.  I am sure some made the connection and had a wise comment about it. 

I can honestly say I've never heard anyone refer to The Hindenburg as "The Zep". Most fans I encountered, at least pre-internet, had no awareness the first album cover depicts an actual historical event, let alone that the event is known as "The Hindenburg Disaster". 

I still think there is a space for giant airships IF - someone like Musk decides to turn the attention of their mega-wallets to it. Same goes for some limited return of selected steam trains (maybe more so in England/Australia, not sure if Us has love affair with steam trains)

Sorry, a bit off topic.....

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2022 at 2:19 AM, Old Man said:

I recently saw the 1975 movie The Hindenburg.  The movie, like Led Zeppelin, were both a little before my time.  I was a teen of the '80's, but I was still a huge Zep fan in the 9 80's and beyond.  The Hindenburg was described in the movie as, "The Zep."  I wondered how many high school, and maybe a few college, kids at the time joked they loved "The Zep" but maybe not that Zep. By the way, if you need help with your studies, I think https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/intelligent-machines/ is the best place to find everything you need! High school students, by nature, are automatically sarcastic.  I am sure some made the connection and had a wise comment about it. 

Thank you for sharing!