End section of Out on the Tiles a future inspiration for Four Sticks?

dpat

Just happened to have my Zep tunes on a shuffle, and after Out on the Tiles played, it went into Four Sticks and I ALMOST (I wrote A L M O S T) thought it was a similar sounding song. I was just wondering if maybe the end section of OOTT was a future springboard for Four Sticks?

Interesting thought, it might have been an inspiration with Page’s acoustic inspired guitar riffing, being turned into electric monster songs. Your thought here made me think of Jimmy’s choppy acoustic piece on, It Might Get Loud. The riffs on Custard Pie and Wanton Song and The Ocean, come to mind also. Very rhythmic interesting music...which was Zeppelin.

On 11/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, dpat said:

Just happened to have my Zep tunes on a shuffle, and after Out on the Tiles played, it went into Four Sticks and I ALMOST (I wrote A L M O S T) thought it was a similar sounding song. I was just wondering if maybe the end section of OOTT was a future springboard for Four Sticks?

Definitely that hypnotic driving riff ending OOTT is the same type of groove as Four Sticks. I really like the rough cut version of Four Sticks on the companion disc. Has a bit more bite to it, imo. 🤘🏼