Jimmy Page cardboard cutout - Happy Zeptember

Eyekhan

Sure, you might have friends. Good folk that send you some tableware when you get hitched, or come to your mediocre kid’s graduation. But have you ever had a friend that truly understands what makes the blood continue to charge through your veins during the last muddled gasp of this extinction era? My friend Paul does. He gets me. He gets that I’ll make room amongst my Thelema ceremonial magick ephemera, and my Bill Owens Oregon Fair nudes to create a temple to the Dark Prince, James Patrick Page. My friend understands that there are things worth investing in. Seemingly stupid things. These treasures, like ancient scrolls, or the manifestation of Horus, are once in an epoch stupid things. Things that deserve a mindful, and equally stupid caretaker. Thank you Paul, may the last days of Zeptember put a bustle in your hedgerow.

*This is a 7 foot tall cardboard cutout of Jimmy donning his iconic Dragon Suit from the 1975 Earl’s Court performances, purchased from a drum collector show in Chicago. It’s my new favorite thing. #stupidshit #zeptember #thelema 

IMG_4646.JPG

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

If you put in some tracking lighting, say three multi-colored bulbs, and aim it at the cutout that would really make it pop at night. You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes.

This is an excellent idea. Once I have the correct wall cleared to mount this treasure, that’s exactly what I’ll do. Thanks Steve!

There's also a slightly smaller one of Robert available, and both it and the one of Jimmy mentioned here can be found on ebay by searching for "Led Zeppelin cardboard cutout". Obligatory note that I am not affiliated with the seller, just passing along the info.

image.jpeg.f8a7e796d889ec9644e569e4c1b74d09.jpeg

Edited by SteveZ98

6 hours ago, Eyekhan said:

This is an excellent idea. Once I have the correct wall cleared to mount this treasure, that’s exactly what I’ll do. Thanks Steve!

It could be mounted directly above on the ceiling too, which may be better as far as reducing shadows and obstructions when the room is occupied.

I tend to over think most things. You've got the main idea so good luck and post pics.