Lets have some fun and rank LZ STUDIO albums, not counting CODA (for apparent reasons)

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Nope can't see that JTM. I can't change it in my profile. Maybe I'm not allowed to send PM's?

That's possible. You aked how I was, I'll just say I've been better,  (failed PM was a bit more detailed) cheers for asking. 

• 11 months later...

I'm gonna try to make this list about which albums I think are best, not which ones I come back to the most. I will make notes about my most played ones though.

1. Untitled/Led Zeppelin IV: This is one of the band's contenders for an almost objectively perfect album, being a culmination of everything they explored on their first three albums. Its only downfall is that it's the most overplayed LZ record by a mile. I come back to it pretty frequently, though. (my favorite tracks: Black Dog, Four Sticks; no least favorites)
  2. Led Zeppelin III: III was LZ's first super leftfield record. The record has a few rockers (similar to the ones on II), an epic blues number, and a whole bunch of acoustic blues/folk/country-ish stuff. This is arguably Plant's peak, as far as Led Zeppelin goes. I listen to this one pretty often. (fav tracks: Immigrant Song, That's the Way; least fav track: Hats Off (To Roy Harper))
  3. Houses of the Holy: Zeppelin's second super leftfield record. While the world was expecting Stairway to Black Levee Roll part two, they got a curveball instead. It experiments with touches of prog, funk, world music, reggae, and doo wop. This is honestly my favorite Led Zeppelin album, and I love the atmosphere on it. (fav tracks: The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song; least fav track: the Crunge)
  4. Physical Graffiti: This double LP is Zep's claim to greatness, with more success than some claim, and less success than some claim. Eight of its fifteen tracks were recorded in 1974, and the other seven recorded for the previous three albums between 1970 and 1972. Plant's voice is very injured at this point, and while his vocal limitations make for him writing some timeless melodies, a couple of the 1974 songs are rough listens. Despite all of that, this is the band at its creative peak. (fav tracks: Houses of the Holy, Kashmir, In the Light, the Wanton Song; least fav tracks: Black Country Woman, Sick Again)
  5. Led Zeppelin II: This and Zep I are very close in quality, but this one is just a little more refined, and a little more streamlined. This, IV, and Houses are definitely their three most radio-friendly LPs, with II retaining a lot of I's blues inclinations. (fav tracks: Whole Lotta Love, Ramble On; least fav track: Moby Dick)
  6. Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin I: One of the strongest rock debuts there have ever been, albeit rough around the edges. Being rough around the edges actually works in the band's favor most of the time. Led Zeppelin is a very skilled cover band at this point. (fav tracks: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, How Many More Times; no least favs really)
  7. In Through The Out Door: Yes, I put this one above Presence. I just like more of the songs on it. Plant's vocals sound pretty awesome on most of the songs (live and in the studio), Jones' plays a bigger role, and Page's playing isn't that bad here. Bonham's playing is as versatile as ever (RIP). I like this one quite a bit. (fav tracks: Carouselambra, All My Love; least fav track: Hot Dog)
  8. Presence: Recorded in three weeks with Plant in a wheelchair and Page slowly getting addicted to heroin, this is the LZ record I don't touch much. I think it's a low point for the band, despite having a few incredible songs on it. (fav tracks: Achilles Last Stand, Tea For One; least fav track: Royal Orleans)