Reissue CD vs Vinyl

Hardrock1973

… I picked up the reissue cd sets, as they’re digital, can be played in car or standalone cd players, blu ray players, 4K players. I have a Dolby Atmos home theater system (and CDs sound awesome as well). I wish they would do a limited release of the catalog for a Dolby Atmos mix, too. I picked up several new Dolby mixes for Pink Floyd’s, “Dark Side of The Moon”, the new Stones “Hackney Diamonds” release and the new Trevor Rabin “Rio” in limited edition blu ray audio.

R😎

Edited by reids

3 hours ago, Hardrock1973 said:

I went with the CDs 

Cool 😎 👍🎶

Theres a lot of pluses with cds 💿 

They don’t warp, they’re digital, compact , can play in cars, home audio and video systems, easier to store, less expensive, etc.

enjoy!!! 

R😎

If vinyl is impractical in a given situation, my ‘go to’ would be high definition FLACs.

CDs are generally 44kHz/16bit while high definition FLACs are generally 96kHz/24bit (some are 192 kHz/24bit or even better). 

Lots and lots and lots of detail in those extra samples and bit depths. Not quite vinyl quality, but much less hassle. And FLACs are more portable than CDs. And you can edit the metadata on FLACs to tailor, for example, gain/volume levels for each track.