Thelema....

zombiegirl

it's not easy and most people go completely insane trying to get there.

I've always been interested in Magick, and have tried to read some of Crowley's work on the subject, but I've never found it to be anything but impenetrable. I did get through Diary of a Drug Fiend and Moonchild though.

I've always been interested in Magick, and have tried to read some of Crowley's work on the subject, but I've never found it to be anything but impenetrable. I did get through Diary of a Drug Fiend and Moonchild though.

I'm more or less of the opinion that, we choose spiritual paths that resonate within us on some very deep, inner level. And I think that is valuable. It's a dialogue between who we are and who we THINK we are...instinct v/s rationale. I've studied Crowley's work, and while I do understand it , it's mumbo jumbo for me spiritually, because my instinct doesn't recognize it as "truth". That's not to say that it isn't "truth" for some, just that it isn't "truth" for me. Perhaps the reason you found it impenetrable is because your instinct simply rejects it, you know?

I'm more or less of the opinion that, we choose spiritual paths that resonate within us on some very deep, inner level. And I think that is valuable. It's a dialogue between who we are and who we THINK we are...instinct v/s rationale. I've studied Crowley's work, and while I do understand it , it's mumbo jumbo for me spiritually, because my instinct doesn't recognize it as "truth". That's not to say that it isn't "truth" for some, just that it isn't "truth" for me. Perhaps the reason you found it impenetrable is because your instinct simply rejects it, you know?

Very very well put... :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

Archived