Texas Zeppein Tour Roundup

PageOwnsMySoul

Alright, listen up yall. Now I know not a one of us has a sound assurance that the Gods are going to go on a world tour. HOWEVER, i would like to be prepared. IF they do go on a tour, i would like to see how many die hards in Texas we could get together. If there is already a Texas fan base, could someone point me in the direction of where it is or how to get to it. I believe Robert Plant said it best with, "...SWINGIN' ON THE GALLOWS POLE!!'

Chase

Alright, listen up yall. Now I know not a one of us has a sound assurance that the Gods are going to go on a world tour. HOWEVER, i would like to be prepared. IF they do go on a tour, i would like to see how many die hards in Texas we could get together. If there is already a Texas fan base, could someone point me in the direction of where it is or how to get to it. I believe Robert Plant said it best with, "...SWINGIN' ON THE GALLOWS POLE!!'

Chase

San Antonio Zep obsessive right here...

Know what's really wierd for me? I've never played a guitar in my entire life... I grew up as a Zeppelin freak but I was the studious type who thought that Law and Button Down collars etc etc was the way for me..

I did all that .. and then at the tender age of 39 I picked up an Axe( first one was a First Act Guitar that I bought for my 2 year old for I think 40 bux) ..

Then I got a takamine that killed my fingers but slowly "Wish you were here" and money and other basics started to roll off my fingers...

Then I traded THAT for a Taylor and The quest to "figure" out stairway and some Pearl Jam began...

THEN i went completely bonkers ( My wife if she ever finds out will kill me ) ROFL..

I got my hands on a '59 VOS reissue ... ( It doesn't have the Jimmy Electronics but it's the same basic model REDONE that Walsh gave JP) ....

And I am freakin slamming out the faster parts to stairway...

It's all so wierd and this ALL STARTED BEFORE LZ announced intentions to play Ahmet's tribute...

It's all coming together .. I grew up wanting to BE JIMMY Page but I knew I couldn't spend my life following MUSIC.... now I find myself at almost 40 and I can actually PLAY some of Jimmy's stuff.

This is too SURREAL.. sorry i'm not from Texas but I just wanted to share b/c you said you were a FREAK... Man I'm such a freak that 20 years later after having been through many musical phases... I can still recite entire album lyrics from memory... Albums I havent' really listened to for years...

Hahaha... Well at least I can torture my kids with my off base bends and ham handed attempts to imitate pure genius.

ZEPPELIN IS COMING... Make no MISTAKE... ZEPPELIN is coming.

BTW anybody see the PAGE VOS Black beauty they announced today??? I Want one.

DON't even try to tell me they aren't coming.... EVERYTHING Is ramping up... they are definitely coming and it will be the BIGGEST SHOW EVER... nothing else will be even close.

The Stones? The Beatles? The Beastie BOys? PRINCE? Puhleeeze lol

the US of A is Led Zeppelin thru and thru.

Amin7,Dsus4,D.. Amin7,Em D,C,D... wow... it was always that easy.. I know I know it's only the basic backbone.. but from somebody that couldn't even play a kazoo and really thought that all musicians were "prodigies" who immediately understood music upon touch ... it really blows your mind that all this stuff was always there to learn if I just bothered to try..

Kewl nonetheless.... Have a great night everyone.. They are COMING

Know what's really wierd for me? I've never played a guitar in my entire life... I grew up as a Zeppelin freak but I was the studious type who thought that Law and Button Down collars etc etc was the way for me..yaddayaddayadda

...ANYWAY... back to Texas fans... :rolleyes:

Houston fan right here. Have Car, Will Travel.

Maid

Archived