Why did you drop the lyrics?

plantfan

Administrator: on the led-zeppelin.com site, you had a GREAT lyrics section, all organized by album! Those lyrics were a major draw for me, and probably a lot of other fans! Unfortunately, when you dropped the hyphen from the site's name, you also dropped the lyrics!!! As RP sang on "The Battle of Evermore," "Bring it back.... bring it back.... bring it back....bring it back. Oh, now, oh, now, oh, now, oh (bis), bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it BAAAAACK!"

The old site - http://www.led-zeppelin.com, no longer exists, as the webmaster of that site took over the administration of this, the official site.

The lyrics are probably no longer here because they are actually copyrighted, and appear in official release sheet music - therefore putting them here would allow people to have them for free, rather than having to pay.

• Administrators
The old site - http://www.led-zeppelin.com, no longer exists, as the webmaster of that site took over the administration of this, the official site.

The lyrics are probably no longer here because they are actually copyrighted, and appear in official release sheet music - therefore putting them here would allow people to have them for free, rather than having to pay.

Not a copyright issue, but it's up to the band if they want them here.

Most of those music books have errors in the lyrics and the ones on the old site were not 100% accurate, especially on the later albums. Would need to get Robert to provide accurate lyrics - no plans for that at the moment.

all the best,

sam

As a fan for 30 years, it would be nice to finally see the official lyrics...why the seeming secrecy/vagueness with these?

I sorta' remember an interview with one of the band members, probably Robert, where this topic was broached and the reply was basically like, "The songs may mean different things to different people so why ruin it for them by printing the official lyrics?" And yes, even though I have this in quotations, it isn't a direct quote, just a paraphrase w/quotations!

Archived