Road to the Sun

When I first bought "Sixty-six to Timbuktu" a few years ago, I couldn't help but notice this unreleased track from "The Principle of Moments". I think it's a great song, and I kept wondering why it didn't pass muster for the album. Maybe Plant felt it was too heavy for "Principle"?

There were two factors that contributed to the song getting shelved: one, because it was so lengthy (it's longer than every song on Principle Of Moments); and two, because it was recorded after most of the songs on the album had already been completed.

Adding the song to Principle Of Moments would have meant delaying the release date AND possibly cutting another song from the tracklist.

• 2 weeks later...
I notice the songwriting credit is given to Barlow/Blunt/Collins/Martinez/Plant/Woodroffe, in other words, the entire band! I guess there'd be royalty issues if it was to be played live?

this is a great song and could have well be a rock radio hit, as the slide recalls IMTOD just a little bit...good stuff. Fantastic guitar playing by Robbie Blunt on this one.

Archived