Ronnie Wood

mpgunn

They don't as Jimmy already had his own tour to do with The Yardbirds thru June 5th 1968. Like I said, he may have caught one or both of Jeff's Fillmore East gigs before flying back to England a week or so after the tour ended.

Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page were in Los Angeles during the sixties, possibly at the same time mainly around 1966.

Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page were in Los Angeles during the sixties, possibly at the same time mainly around 1966.

As I understand it the point of contention is how many Jeff Beck Group gigs could Jimmy

have possibly attended in 1968, not how often their paths crossed throughout the 60s.

As I understand it the point of contention is how many Jeff Beck Group gigs could Jimmy

have possibly attended in 1968, not how often their paths crossed throughout the 60s.

Which they could not have done, as they were not in the same location during that time. This discussion returns time and time again, and as I recall each time it becomes apparent they could not have been in the same place.

Which they could not have done, as they were not in the same location during that time. This discussion returns time and time again, and as I recall each time it becomes apparent they could not have been in the same place.

With the possible exception of June 13th & 14th 1968 when the Jeff Beck Group played

the Fillmore East. Peter Grant attended and Jimmy was in town doing press interviews.

There is speculation Jimmy may have attend the first night before flying back to England but so far I know no proof has been found.

With the possible exception of June 13th & 14th 1968 when the Jeff Beck Group played

the Fillmore East. Peter Grant attended and Jimmy was in town doing press interviews.

There is speculation Jimmy may have attend the first night before flying back to England but so far I know no proof has been found.

Before the 2nd tour of Jeff Beck's group and the last tour of the Yardbirds and first tour of Led Zeppelin around September-October 1968.

June 22, 1968 reportedly would have been the first date of the first tour for the Jeff Beck Group. They may have played some pre-tour dates at the Fillmore.

They went on a six-week tour, making their United States debut at the Fillmore East in New York City on June 22, 1968.

www.musicianguide.com

It may have been mentioned in the press during the transitional period when the Yardbirds evolved into Led Zeppelin.

Dreja's claim was NEVER mentioned in the press prior to 1999.

I think it's possible that Dreja's lawyer may have made a phone call to Jimmy or Peter (like Steve said), but I find the notion of a "cease and desist order" -- as claimed by Greg Russo and others -- to be absolutely ridiculous. There's literally zero evidence to support that claim.

Dreja's claim was NEVER mentioned in the press prior to 1999.

This issue may have surfaced in a Tiger Beat article during the sixties. As to the manner in which it was articulated, it's hard to say, but it has always been that way that I recall. Maybe a source reported something in the Sun. I remember so many stories circulating about the Yardbirds during the sixties, it is difficult to filter through them all. There was such a blitz of misinformation in those days.

Before the 2nd tour of Jeff Beck's group and the last tour of the Yardbirds and first tour of Led Zeppelin around September-October 1968.

June 22, 1968 reportedly would have been the first date of the first tour for the Jeff Beck Group. They may have played some pre-tour dates at the Fillmore.

The Fillmore East gigs were not warm-ups, they were part of a nationwide tour and the

report concering June 22 1968 is absolutely false. For the benefit of anyone genuinely

interested in the evolution of the Jeff Beck Group here is a more accurate performance

and recording chronology:

http://www.chromeoxide.com/jeffbeck.htm

The Fillmore East gigs were not warm-ups, they were part of a nationwide tour and the

report concering June 22 1968 is absolutely false. For the benefit of anyone genuinely

interested in the evolution of the Jeff Beck Group here is a more accurate performance

and recording chronology:

http://www.chromeoxide.com/jeffbeck.htm

Thanks for that link. My friend's sister went to one of those concerts at the Shrine in 1968 but I missed the Jeff Beck shows. My first show at the Shrine was seeing Albert King but I think that may have been in 1967.

Archived