Plantations

Walter

There's some funny things said between Plant and Bonzo - over the years. 

Someone mentioned John Bonham yelling:  'I'd like to make this point here:  That I think football's a load of bollocks !'

A championship football match had just been won the day before the 24th or 25th, 1975, Earl's Court show and there were football/Zeppelin fans off to the side of the stage waving football team flags and other flags. It was distracting Bonzo the entire show. He was pissed about it. 

I read on a forum - a comment from someone who was at that Earl's Court show and remembers the flags being waved the whole show.

John walks out onto the stage in a powder blue robe smoking a cigarette --- right before Whole Lotta Love. The band had been off stage right before the encores and yells the [football's a load of bollocks] comment.

Plant realizes that Bonzo may have pissed off most of the arena w his statement about football --- even though rousing cheers went up after Bonzo knocked football.

Plant was eating grapes from backstage and followed up on the mic with:  'I think soccer's a wonderful sport - the best sport and that's got nothing to do with Bonzo's sentiments. I prefer grapes anyways." Plant attempting damage control - just in case.

Bonzo appears back up behind his drum outfit and yells something really loud -- right before Jimmy starts the WLL riff.  I've tried for years to figure out what Bonzo yelled and can't - for the life of me - figure it out.

10 hours ago, JohnBindon said:

Plant was eating grapes from backstage and followed up on the mic with:  'I think soccer's a wonderful sport - the best sport and that's got nothing to do with Bonzo's sentiments. I prefer grapes anyways." Plant attempting damage control - just in case.

If I remember right from the video, as Bonzo is at the mic, Plant is lounging on the drum riser with the grapes, and then moves to the mic for his rebuttal. :)