Return to Forever Reunion Shows

Pat NY

Hello from NY.

I just wanted to know if anyone other there would be attending this summer's Return to Forever reunion shows. If people don't know about them then they need to find out. These are four tremendous musicians who were a band in the 70's (Corea, Clarke, DiMeola, White) each important to the band as a whole (sound familiar???).

Just want to let people know that a band with the musical talent as my beloved Zeppelin are coming and don't miss them!!!

Just checkout the RTF website for details.

Regards,

Patrick

My wife and I saw Al, Stanley and Jon LucPonty at the Brgen PAC and they announced that they were re-forming. Gonna look into it.

They were awesome!

Hello from NY.

I just wanted to know if anyone other there would be attending this summer's Return to Forever reunion shows. If people don't know about them then they need to find out. These are four tremendous musicians who were a band in the 70's (Corea, Clarke, DiMeola, White) each important to the band as a whole (sound familiar???).

Just want to let people know that a band with the musical talent as my beloved Zeppelin are coming and don't miss them!!!

Regards,

Patrick

Thanks so much for posting that information Patrick. My husband really likes those musicians. I checked out the RTF site and they are playing not far from us. I agree: they are four tremendous musicians.

My wife and I saw Al, Stanley and Jon LucPonty at the Brgen PAC and they announced that they were re-forming. Gonna look into it.

They were awesome!

My husband will be glad to hear that. He's also a fan of Jon LucPonty. :)

Thanks so much for posting that information Patrick. My husband really likes those musicians. I checked out the RTF site and they are playing not far from us. I agree: they are four tremendous musicians.

My husband will be glad to hear that. He's also a fan of Jon LucPonty. :)

cool...in the meantime go to You Tube and check out some of their performances from way back on the Old Grey Whistle Test...

This first recording by Chick Corea of Return to Forever wasn't the intense jazz-rock of the later "combo". This one had Airto and Flora Purim and Joe Farrell on flute to give it an 'airey' texture. Stanley Clarke was on it playing acoustic bass and it's a different beast from the Al Dimeola and Lenny White group it transformed into.

I highly recommend it for mellower pursuits. It's hypnotic.

61KIiT3fKgL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The only dates for this leg of the tour in NY area are supposedly a theater in Harlem on a night we can't make it. Any word on other dates?

I can't believe that they wouldn't do some Jersey or Manhattan dates!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello from NY.

Regards,

Patrick

Pat, I want to thank you for giving me a "heads up" about the Return to Forever Reunion show. My husband was so excited about this - much more so than I. While we were, unfortunately, unable to get tickets to the opening night of the tour, we were able to see the band on the second night. My husband was so pleased that, in addition to Al and Chick, Lenny and Stanley would be there too. It was a fantastic show - and in one of my favorite and, I think, one of the most beautiful venues. The guys were so great about interacting with the audience. For example, the band played for at least 2 1/2 hours. After the show had ended and some people had left, they asked if we had any questions! And, they played what I would call "improv" as an encore. I will admit that I am not half the fan of the band that my husband is but the musicianship and the atmosphere were fantastic. It was a magical night for both my husband and me.

• 3 weeks later...

cool...glad you enjoyed the show...i can't wait until the NY show!!

Pat, I want to thank you for giving me a "heads up" about the Return to Forever Reunion show. My husband was so excited about this - much more so than I. While we were, unfortunately, unable to get tickets to the opening night of the tour, we were able to see the band on the second night. My husband was so pleased that, in addition to Al and Chick, Lenny and Stanley would be there too. It was a fantastic show - and in one of my favorite and, I think, one of the most beautiful venues. The guys were so great about interacting with the audience. For example, the band played for at least 2 1/2 hours. After the show had ended and some people had left, they asked if we had any questions! And, they played what I would call "improv" as an encore. I will admit that I am not half the fan of the band that my husband is but the musicianship and the atmosphere were fantastic. It was a magical night for both my husband and me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just one more reminder...do NOT miss this show!!!

Hello from NY.

Regards,

Patrick

Archived