Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ZoSo88

For all of us who won't be at the Concert

Have a thought for me guys.Entered the Gold comp got the lowest no at around9.50 Wed night got a congratulations you are top no from O2 and got knocked off it at 4.50 pm on Thurs Comp ended at5.00pm Disaster!!! I have tried everything to get a ticket,Virgin radio dressed as a fairy at 7 in the morning!!!Large bid ,well as much as I could afford,still no luck ,I am on my last chance tomorrow so wish me luck Folks!!! B)

Have a thought for me guys.Entered the Gold comp got the lowest no at around9.50 Wed night got a congratulations you are top no from O2 and got knocked off it at 4.50 pm on Thurs Comp ended at5.00pm Disaster!!! I have tried everything to get a ticket,Virgin radio dressed as a fairy at 7 in the morning!!!Large bid ,well as much as I could afford,still no luck ,I am on my last chance tomorrow so wish me luck Folks!!! B)

Good luck mate!

:thumbsup:

When you are an American Zep fanatic like me its easy to regret not being there on the 10th.

But I can't imagine the agony of all of you Britons who couldnt be there.

You have my deepest sympathy.

When I was a little kid growing up in Miami I built an elaborate dummy of myself just so I could sneak out of my house and go see The Song Remains The Same at the midnight movies without getting busted by my parents.

Worked for a while.

Just thought i'd share that.

To each and every one of you, I feel your pain.

-Scott Church, Malibu California, 12/1/07

Thanks for the sympathy.

& the memories!

I did the dummy thing as well so I could attend my first concert which was Alice Cooper!!

:lol:

Also (having spent a few years living in America) I can remember the midnight movies too.

I must have seen TSRTS 100 times that way (No video machines yet)

I remember alot of kids used to got to The Rocky Horror Movie at midnight but on the other screen would be TSRTS & I would always go to that. Sometimes twice in one weekend.

Such a Zep Anorak I was!

I understand how you feel Songbird. Come over to the Countdown Thread a.k.a. The Losers Lounge. Bring your favorite beverage, something to munch on and bring your led zeppelin music! We'll all be there drowning our sorrows.

I did all my lamenting weeks ago and now I am at peace with not being able to go. I've been a fan for 30 years and saw whatever post Zep shows I could. Can't wait for Roberts and Allison's show later this year. Really I am OK. (sniff)

Here's what I'm doing.

London is eight hours ahead so I'll be at work, most likely tuned into this forum to keep tabs on how things are going. I noticed that VH1 Classic has a three hour block starting at 11am Pacific Time. The title is "The Led Zeppelin concert". I will be coming home for lunch to see what that is all about. If its any good I'll stay home.

Good question. Each of us will have to decide that on our own. But the best thing is dont get discouraged. They will play again. there will be a US date. Im sure of it. They would not agree to record new material if they were calling it quits. they are just being quiet until they see how this gig goes off.

I was fortunate to see ZEPPELIN twice in "77", in Los Angeles. I was 16 at the time. Now 47, I hope there are some US dates in the near future. As for commercialization......THEY far more than.. put in thier dues!!!! Mob Chief