R&R Fantasy

Thought I would have a bit of fun with this. Suppose, just suppose someone could throw a magic wand and make this happen? I've taken 4 of the biggest groups ever and did a switcheroo with members to form supergroups. Now the groups are Led Zeppelin (natch), Queen, The Who and U2.

I picked these groups because they have basically the same lineup; frontman, guitar, bass and drums. The first three were easy, but U2 wasn't because of the time frame. I thought about Pink Floyd, but no obvious frontman, and then Bad Co., but Rodgers has already sang with two of these and given time, if something happens to Daltrey, Pete may enlist him. Plus I don't think Bad Co was in these guy's league anyway. But after all, this is just fantasy, so here's the groups.

a) Robert Plant, Edge, John Entwistle, Roger Taylor

B) Freddie Mercury, Jimmy Page, Adam Clayton, Keith Moon

c) Roger Daltrey, Brian May, John Paul Jones, Larry Mullin, Jr.

d) Bono, Pete Townsend, John Deacon, John Bonham

If you would like, pick the group you think would be the one you'd like to hear.

For me, it would be A. I would love to hear what Plant and the Edge would come up with.

I like B. I want to hear Jimmy and Keith Moon bash out some tunes, and Freddie would definitely hold his own with them. Adam Clayton...meh. Him and Larry Mullin aren't too exciting in my opinion, but I guess there's got to be one halfway sane person in the band to keep all those prima donnas in line. ;) Lord knows he's had practice at that in U2...

Thought I would have a bit of fun with this. Suppose, just suppose someone could throw a magic wand and make this happen? I've taken 4 of the biggest groups ever and did a switcheroo with members to form supergroups. Now the groups are Led Zeppelin (natch), Queen, The Who and U2.

I picked these groups because they have basically the same lineup; frontman, guitar, bass and drums. The first three were easy, but U2 wasn't because of the time frame. I thought about Pink Floyd, but no obvious frontman, and then Bad Co., but Rodgers has already sang with two of these and given time, if something happens to Daltrey, Pete may enlist him. Plus I don't think Bad Co was in these guy's league anyway. But after all, this is just fantasy, so here's the groups.

If you would like, pick the group you think would be the one you'd like to hear.

For me, it would be A. I would love to hear what Plant and the Edge would come up with.

I think Pete really wants to not feel obligated to drag the Who around when for some of his projects he'd be better off doing it as a solo album.

And to answer your question, A or D. Either could be interesting.

I'd like to recommend a couple of trades. First, switch Plant with Daltrey. Second, trade Townsend for Edge. Now that this is done you can safely trade Moon for Mulllin. Next the obvious, Entwistle for Deacon and Page for May. Based on this shuffling around, I would pick #3.