metal box recommends: Metroid Metal

metal box

I've decided this board's Other Music forum is pretty boring. Same old few sound-alike bands from the 60s and 70s being brought up over and over again. I'm going to see what I can do to freshen things up a bit, bringing up bands that we don't talk about much, or ever. I'll try and find good youtube clips and give short histories and links and whatever, whenever I recommend something.

This first one's a cop-out: there is no band. There are no albums. Just some random guys covering songs from the Metroid series as metal instrumental epics. There's a nostalgia factor in this for me, having grown up on the games, but even if you've never heard of 'em or played 'em, these songs rock. And they're totally and legally free.

Download them totally and legally free from their website:

http://www.metroidmetal.com/songs.html

If you just want a taste before downloading everything, I'd recommend 'Theme/Bryyo', 'Kraid's Theme', and 'Phendrana Drifts'.

NOTE: Download from the link of the song name (by doing right click/save link as). If you download from the MIDI/mp3 column, you'll be getting the tracks as they appeared in the games, and you'll probly find them pretty boring.

I've decided this board's Other Music forum is pretty boring. Same old few sound-alike bands from the 60s and 70s being brought up over and over again. I'm going to see what I can do to freshen things up a bit, bringing up bands that we don't talk about much, or ever. I'll try and find good youtube clips and give short histories and links and whatever, whenever I recommend something.

I agree, and I've tried, believe me. Truth is most people here only want to talk about those same bands, things they know.

I've posted a few threads in an attempt to spread the love of new artists that I discover and love. Check out the lack of replies/views. :rolleyes:

Andy Mckee

Russian Circles

Ronald Jenkees

Haha, I was just going to check out Russian Circles today. Had no idea you posted a thread about them.

Will check out the Metroid songs, never played the games but I've heard good things about the music for them.

On a different note, most people here would not be able to listen to most of what I listen to (apart from Rock music like Led Zeppelin and some Jazz and Prog). I listen to mostly Post-Rock, Death Metal, Black Metal, and various subgenres of those.

Edit: Listened to some of the Metroid songs, pretty decent metal if I do say so.

Edited by Jarlaxle 56