Joe Jackson anyone?

Melanie_72

Of course I am talking about the talented musician, not Michael's dad, LOL! Anyways, I think Joe is one of the greatest artists out there. I heard alot of his music when I was younger, but VH1 classic is playing the "80 hours of the 80's" videos all Labor Day weekend and last night I saw his videos, "Breaking Us In Two" and "Steppin Out". This got me to want to hear more stuff from him. This morning on You Tube I was listening to some of this other songs and I also really like "Real Men","Is She Really Going Out with Him?" ,"You Can't Get What You Want (Til You Know What You Want)", "Cancer" and "Sunday Papers". There was also another song I heard him singing on Craig Kilborn that I liked, can't remember the name of it though. Seems like I have just "re-discovered" him as an artist and I like his jazzy style. Any other fans out there?

I used to watch Joe Jackson in a local bar during the mid 1970's. At that time, he was playing keyboards in a band called Edward Bear, which later became Arms & Legs. They used to feature him when they played Nut Rocker (B.Bumble and the Stingers song) and he'd do things like fall off his stool for comedic effect. He was obviously talented, even then.

RB

Hey that is so cool you guys got to see him live! I really like his style, the jazzy, laid-back feel to his music. Reminds me alot of Steely Dan(another huge fave of mine).

I bought a neat $10.00 tour book at that bar show. Think I'll pull it out and give it a look. That show really was great. It was like 1979 all over again.

Archived