How hard is it to learn to play Harmonica?

esraym

Well, I can play basic notes, scales pretty well, on your run of the mill C diatonic harmonica.

It's just the more complex stuff, note bending and such, that is proving difficult to get.

Plant on Bring it on Home/Back on HTWWW is exquisite... That's the goal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it ant easy but not too hard :P firs try simple song like jingle bells ( if u have C harmonica, it starts with C if im not mistaken, just blow the 4 hole try it on ear and ull do fine ) or happy birthday then start practicing the octave playing From C To C it wil sharpen the technique and breathing. Find some Videos Of Bobby Joe Holman, Steve Backer, Tom Bollan and so further. Sorry that im not on my PC to send you couple of good books for Harmonica beginners but if u remind me later PM me or something Ill send them to u. Good luck with trying :P Hey also try Steve Tylers Pink(draw the C, The 4 hole.) or Crying solos Its not difficult but need good breathing.

Well, I can play basic notes, scales pretty well, on your run of the mill C diatonic harmonica.

It's just the more complex stuff, note bending and such, that is proving difficult to get.

Plant on Bring it on Home/Back on HTWWW is exquisite... That's the goal.

That and U shook Me Is very hard, try Custard pie first thats a bit easy :)

Archived