The Good Rats reunion

jimmie ray

Probably this band from the late 70's didn't get much exposure outside of my area, but thought it was worth mentioning for the members here from Long Island. A fun bunch to go hear - if you don't need need crazy costumes, synthesizers, and lasers to enjoy a show. They're playing at the Crazy Donkey in Farmingdale this Saturday, with all the original members. Anyone remember them?

Probably this band from the late 70's didn't get much exposure outside of my area, but thought it was worth mentioning for the members here from Long Island. A fun bunch to go hear - if you don't need need crazy costumes, synthesizers, and lasers to enjoy a show. They're playing at the Crazy Donkey in Farmingdale this Saturday, with all the original members. Anyone remember them?

Sure do :D

I remember reading about them in Creem magazine in the 70's

Never saw them live, though.

The Marchello Bros., right?

Didn't the lead singer use a baseball bat as his main prop?

From the pics I saw, they looked like a fun band to see.

I had this on vinyl back when I was 17. For some reason I used to listen to Blue Oyster Cult along with the Good Rats. Must be that Long Island connection.

Goodrats_tasty_cover.jpg

We had a flying guitar man

Maybe the fastest in the land

But he was going no where fast

Speed ain't nothing withouth class

He couldn't play tasty

Tasty like this

Man Yeah

Tasy Tasty aint it time we mellowed out

We had a man named crazy Ott

He overplayed his bass a lot

We had to kick him in the pants

His fingers moved like bodies dance

He couldn't play tasty

Tasty like this

Man Yeah

Tasy Tasty aint it time we mellowed out

We had a drummer named Joe

He played so fast we let him go

He ran away with all our songs

Now he's school where he belongs

He coulnd't play tasty, tasty

Tasty like this

Man Yeah

Tasty Tasty

Ain't it time we mellowed out

:lol:

Yep - "Tasty" was one of their top songs, along with "School Daze" and "Injun Joe". The Marchello brothers had been performing with various other musicians as the Good Rats, but are evidentally reforming the original band for their induction into a new L.I. Music Hall of Fame. They are actually going to do several shows over the next few months, so anyone in this area should check out their website for the locations (all bars) and dates. It is time we mellowed out!

Which one, and how was it? I know these guys aren't going to blow anyone away, but sometimes simple works...

"Injun Joe" or something like that. Very progressive and jazzy. It was okay, the singer has a set of pipes. Now I'm researching the band on Wikipedia and the official site.

"Injun Joe" was my favorite, although I don't actually have any of their records or heard any of their songs in decades (other than their interview and brief jam on the local radio station a few weeks ago). They were the first group I ever saw in concert, however - at an amusement park in the late 70's.

Archived