Re Jimmy's Guitars.

Olipticle

I did a search on the forum regarding jimmy's gutiars over the years but i couldnt find a thread about it. I was wondering if there was a site of thred, listing all the guitars from pre yardbird days till present? Id imagine thats he'd have tons but id never thought to check em all out. i mean we all know his famous ones but he must have some sweet gems locked away!

so yeah any links or pics can be posted here, any info helps thanks guys!

I did a search on the forum regarding jimmy's gutiars over the years but i couldnt find a thread about it. I was wondering if there was a site of thred, listing all the guitars from pre yardbird days till present? Id imagine thats he'd have tons but id never thought to check em all out. i mean we all know his famous ones but he must have some sweet gems locked away!

so yeah any links or pics can be posted here, any info helps thanks guys!

You might find something on the Musicians Forum.

k cool, ill check it out i know some of the amps and set ups are listing more interested in the actual guitars though, Relic guitars are my weakness lol

Yeah an expensive hobby!

A '59 Les Paul was offered up at auction for A$750,000, just recently in Sydney.

Dunno whether it was sold though.

holy shit thats epic... i watched the clapton auction and i teard when i saw blackie and cherry red go and i think they went for around that price to. I saw jimmy in a couple new shots with a relicd strat and it looked awsome and it intrigued me to find out what his whole collection might intail.

Although it is expensive its well worth it lol that and vynils are my poisen lol

I'm not knowledgeable enough to vouch for the accuracy but there is a lot of info on this link.

WTF!!

I've never seen that site before, but I recognise my own words when I see them cut & pasted!! :blink:

That site seems to have "borrowed" liberally from this one: http://www.led-zeppelin.org/reference/gear...my-led-zeppelin

...which I provided Jeff, the webmaster, with some of the info for. Not all of it though, far from it - he works hard collecting & verifying the info from a number of sources.

Don't blame me I just googled up the link for the OP. It sucks they stole your stuff. GRRRR :angry:

I don't mind, it was just a shock to see my own words there! :D

I do feel a bit bad for Jeff, though. He works hard on the ALS site, and there was some wholesale lifting going on there.

I wonder if he knows about it?