Pig Irön

Hand_Of_Omega_91

Got their debut album , "The Paths Of Glory...Lead But To The Grave" for Christmas today and it is simply stunning!

Really heavy blues, the singer sounds a lot like Percy in places and guitarist, bassist and drummer gel so well.

Its great that guys like this are making such awsome music.

I first heard them covering "When The Levee Breaks" on a Led Zep tribute album I got free with Classic Rock Magazine last year, they nail it!

Why aren't these guys huge?

link to their myspace: Website

Any other fans out there?

Golden starts out promising then that dreadful chorus hits, with the stolen lyrics and tired guitar progression. Way too long for what the song is, imo.

Ruler of Tomorrow? More of the same, but substitute crappy for stolen.

I skimmed through the other 2 and it seems to be more of the same.

GENERIC

I dunno if the fact that there is interest in this band builds my confidence in my band, or completely crushes it.

i just checked out the link, and the 4 songs on the myspace player. 'ruler of tomorrow' was pretty kickin'...as a matter of fact, i liked all of it. i can see some of the bitching about lyric recycling, but they sound pretty tight and heavy, with an above average vocalist, awesome rythym section and very good guitar. harp is a bonus, not overused. i'll keep an ear open. thanks for the heads up!

Sounds pretty good, though a bit too heavy for my taste. They have more in common with Black Sabbath then Led Zeppelin I think.

The songs on Myspace are more 'heavy metal' but on the album there are a couple of bluesy ones with harmonica which made me think of Zeppelin.

A few similar young bands I like are Black Stone Cherry, The Answer and Rattlesnake Remedy. Good to see people are still making good old fashioned rock and roll not this watered down stuff on the radio.

Archived