PLANET ROCK TOP 40 ROCK SINGERS OF ALL TIME ,EVER ETC

It's a democratic vote by the listeners of the Planet Rock. Presumably the likes of Grace Slick didn't make it as she is not as popular as those who did - which is understandable as she probably means less here in the UK compared to the USA and is probably best known for those awful Starship hits in the 1980's.

I listen to Planet Radio almost every day ... and I know what's on their programs.

Most of the name you wrote never appeared on any program so, of course, there'll be no vote for them.

What listeners voted is what they usually hear and nothing more.

In fact, every three days I've to change radio station because I'm bored to listen not only the same bands / singers but also the same songs. So it's quite annoying.

That's why I've to change.

So I'm not really surprised at all about the votes even if I don't agree on most of what's on the list.

IMO I consider Steven Tyler a real example of it's a "rock" voice and I still can't stand Paul Rodgers ... anyway I didn't vote so I've no regrets eh eh

This thread is "unusual" because it's a kind of debate about "THE rock voice" without considering the real context where's it from: Planet Rock Radio.

Out of it I think you'ld open a new thread ... and I don't consider it a wonderful idea as well ... if you're all real Led Zeppelin fans there's no contest, of course it'll be "Sir Percy" as named but the radio itself.

About women, of course Janis is one of the few ladies broadcasted so no surprise (well I'ld prefer Heart's sisters in a better position than none eh eh).

... and I cant' consider the 100 women list a real "rock" list ... to many pop or soul singers ... what about all the wonderful rock singers of the new metal / prog era??

have a happy new year, rockers

Archived