Led Zeppelin II Vinyl Record

guitarmad

Hey all Led Zep Fans

I just got Led Zeppelin II Vinyl Record and i noticed that on the Record, Track 3 it says Killing Floor

But on the sleeve it says, Track 3 is The Lemon Song doe any one know anything about this?

Why?

Is it rare?

And if it is how much will it be worth?

Many Thanks

Aaron

Hey all Led Zep Fans

I just got Led Zeppelin II Vinyl Record and i noticed that on the Record, Track 3 it says Killing Floor

But on the sleeve it says, Track 3 is The Lemon Song doe any one know anything about this?

Why?

Is it rare?

Many Thanks

Aaron

Mine has the same anomaly, but it isn't a priceless item.....just a great record!

is it an UK pressing? plum / orange label? if it is in perfect (I said perfect = mint :yesnod: ) conditions I've seen people paying interesting money for it ... in the order of 50$ :yesnod:

but not because of the misspressing but of the first edition (and for this you've to check on the run off of the vinyl for the matrix number) etc.

:bravo: and now you've to sign my guestbook on my led zeppelin discography for this free info eh eh

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all Led Zep Fans

Why?

Is it rare?

Many Thanks

Aaron

My copy is exactly the same and I've had that for about thirty five years.I'm pretty sure that it was a copyright issue that led to the difference in titles from sleeve to album.I think I read years ago that the band registered this song as an original composition under the name 'The Lemon Song' and all was rosy in the garden.However,it was then pointed out that the tune and a large portion of the lyrics were lifted/borrowed/unknowingly similiar to the great Howlin' Wolf's version of 'Killing Floor' which was written in 1965.The sleeves had already been printed for the album,so presumably it was deemed too late to change them,but the label on the album had the corrected title.The same album also features a Page/Plant credit for the song 'Bring It On Home'.This was originally composed by Willie Dixon and recorded by the great Sonny Boy Williamson years before the band reckoned they wrote it.The threat of a court case brought the group around to there senses and,I believe,Willie Dixon is the name featured as the composer of the song now.I'll stick my neck out and say that if you can get to hear the original versions of these songs,then do so.Both are fantastic.

My copy is exactly the same and I've had that for about thirty five years.I'm pretty sure that it was a copyright issue that led to the difference in titles from sleeve to album.I think I read years ago that the band registered this song as an original composition under the name 'The Lemon Song' and all was rosy in the garden.However,it was then pointed out that the tune and a large portion of the lyrics were lifted/borrowed/unknowingly similiar to the great Howlin' Wolf's version of 'Killing Floor' which was written in 1965.The sleeves had already been printed for the album,so presumably it was deemed too late to change them,but the label on the album had the corrected title.The same album also features a Page/Plant credit for the song 'Bring It On Home'.This was originally composed by Willie Dixon and recorded by the great Sonny Boy Williamson years before the band reckoned they wrote it.The threat of a court case brought the group around to there senses and,I believe,Willie Dixon is the name featured as the composer of the song now.I'll stick my neck out and say that if you can get to hear the original versions of these songs,then do so.Both are fantastic.

again bring it on home was a simple tribute the intro i mean and the rest is an amazing zeppelin composition.. with pages 2nd best riff.. on live editions its called bring it on back..i own zeppelin 2 on vinyl too and mine was from back in the day cuz my late uncle was a huge zeppelin fan.. i guess mine was a different pressing.. thats pretty neat that it said killing floor..

Archived