Metallica, Run DMC to be inducted into Rock Hall

Jahfin

I never heard of him. I assume he is Metallica's guitarist? Ill keep my left nut. By the way, I do know how to play the guitar. I don't care for their "music". They aren't fit to be mentioned in the same breath with great bands like Led Zeppelin.

Why do you even come to the Other Bands section? All's you like is Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, The Who and The Eagles. I mean is that all that Yukon Cornelius has in his bag of tricks? If we all come to your house for a party, is there anything off-beat to put on the turntable? I'm surprised, because YOU are a guitar playing and I would think a bit more open minded and varied in your interests.

Good timing for -metallica. i think their new album is very good and they deserve to be in the rock and roll hall. like iron maiden, they swayed from their original sound and have come back to it, the elements of thrash combined with heavy rock. i would rather hear recycling with those bands, than hear them get too far away from their sound when it works so well.

Why do you even come to the Other Bands section? All's you like is Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, The Who and The Eagles. I mean is that all that Yukon Cornelius has in his bag of tricks? If we all come to your house for a party, is there anything off-beat to put on the turntable? I'm surprised, because YOU are a guitar playing and I would think a bit more open minded and varied in your interests.

It appears Yukon Cornelius has me on Permanent Ignore, otherwise he would have provided a response to my claim.

Hi Melanie72,all,

Great list and congrats to all of them. Hope Jimmy makes it to this year's ceremony to induct Jeff Beck. That would be a real treat!! :D

It would be a great list except for one,... <_<

There are very few people who could induct Jeff Beck.Eric could,but IMVHO Mr. Page would be among the best.But Rod the mod or Ronnie could.Is too much to hope for some 'Beck's Bordello'?Paging Mr. Jones! :D

KB

Hi Melanie72,all,

There are very few people who could induct Jeff Beck.Eric could,but IMVHO Mr. Page would be among the best.But Rod the mod or Ronnie could.Is too much to hope for some 'Beck's Bordello'?Paging Mr. Jones! :D

KB

Isn't the song Beck's Bolero or are you thinking of something else?

Oh and I agree that JP would be my first choice amongst that list too.

Hi Melanie72,all,

KB

Hi zepyep,

I agree about Rod or Ronnie doing the inducting as well, but it would be so wonderful to see Jimmy! :)

• 2 months later...

I must say I only agree with only a handful of these but feel, Kiss, Pat Benatar, Cheap Trick and Rush definitely should be inducted. Same for Yes, Deep Purple, Warren Zevon, the Replacements, Alice Cooper and dozens of others that have been passed over. Benatar was much more influential on rock n' roll than Madonna was or ever will be. For that matter, Joan Jett and the Runaways are right up there too. More girls picked up guitars because of them than because of McDonna.

Top 10 Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame Snubs

I must say I only agree with only a handful of these but feel, Kiss, Pat Benatar, Cheap Trick and Rush definitely should be inducted. Same for Yes, Deep Purple, Warren Zevon, the Replacements, Alice Cooper and dozens of others that have been passed over. Benatar was much more influential on rock n' roll than Madonna was or ever will be. For that matter, Joan Jett and the Runaways are right up there too. More girls picked up guitars because of them than because of McDonna.

Oh yes, yes!! I am still wondering why Pat Benatar isn't in yet OR the Runaways! What a crying shame. These women definetly make me wanna pick up a guitar and rock!

Archived