Australia

Pip

A friend of mine just e-mailed me frantically asking me to buy her tickets to the Led Zeppelin tour in Australia...

I can't find trace of it online...

they aren't coming here are they?

how am I going to break that to her?

hehe

seriously

has any one else heard this?

No. If there was a planned tour, believe me it would have been in the media by now.

Meg

A friend of mine just e-mailed me frantically asking me to buy her tickets to the Led Zeppelin tour in Australia...

I can't find trace of it online...

they aren't coming here are they?

how am I going to break that to her?

hehe

seriously

has any one else heard this?

Well not as bad as July last year when our dollar almost reached parity with the US currency. It's improved for touring acts since but the world economy means not many people are willing to spend up big on tickets as they used to everywhere, so bands aren't willing to gamble on coming out here. I'm sure if it's Led Zeppelin though they would sell out venues. Page & Plant did reasonably good business here in 1995.

Meg

I don't think they would stop in Australia anyway. I heard many bands don't tour there due to their declining currency. Confirmation?

I don't think they would stop in Australia anyway. I heard many bands don't tour there due to their declining currency. Confirmation?

I guess with the British Pound getting smashed recently we can expect more tours from British band then?

• 1 month later...

I'm promoting these guys on their Sydney and Melbourne leg:

Announcing The International Led Zeppelin Project, first shows in Melbourne and Sydney.

Thursday 5th March & Friday 6th March

The Prince Bandroom

St. Kilda, Victoria

Tickets from Prince of Wales & Ticketek

Friday 13th March

The Gaelic Club

Surry Hills, NSW

Tickets from Moshtix

zep-flyer.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelinproject

Archived