The $64,000 Turntable

Jahfin

That looks more like a machine to break my vinyl into little pieces!

I can't imagine paying that much for a turntable. It may sound got, but after a certain point no matter how much you spend they will begin to sound the same.

That looks more like a machine to break my vinyl into little pieces!

I can't imagine paying that much for a turntable. It may sound got, but after a certain point no matter how much you spend they will begin to sound the same.

I agree. I've NEVER been much of an audiophile and have always listened to my vast collection of incredibly great music on basic sound equipment.

I agree. I've NEVER been much of an audiophile and have always listened to my vast collection of incredibly great music on basic sound equipment.

I have a decent (albeit old) sound system - good quality but nothing fancy and it does my music just fine :D

I don't recall the brand name right off the top of my head but I remember a fella that ran a used record store recommending a rather pricey turntable to me several years ago. He mentioned to me how on some turntables, if you turned the sound all the way down you could still hear the music playing. He said that was due to the turntable vibrating. This particular turntable he was selling didn't do that. He also sold a very high priced record cleaner made by a company called Nitty Gritty. Needless to say, I never invested in either. My vinyl collection, along with my stereo equipment remains in storage. Someday I do hope to put it to use again. When I do, I also plan to invest in some new equipment. Hopefully something nice but it definitely won't be of audiophile quality.

I have always been into quality sound equipment. My first quality receiver was an old Sansui tube receiver that I bought from a friend for ten bucks, he needed the money for some weed. The receiver was his dads and did not work (man, did he get his ass kicked) but he never said who he sold it to. When I got it home, I changed the fuse in the back and it lit up like Christmas. That was one killer receiver. I then sold it a couple of years later to a friend that still has it today and it works great.

I'm on my second Panasonic turntable. The first one lasted about 15 years and was put to A LOT of use. The follow-up I've owned since around 1986. I still use it and lately I've noticed some odd behavior with the tone arm. Adjustments don't seem to be working.

I miss the old fashioned portable record player I had as a kid :D

Those are cool, but not very healthy for the records. :D I got one that I sometimes use in the summer if we're out having a picnic. I bring the singles in a "single bag" or "single box".

(The pictures is not showing my box and bag)

75618387_1.jpg

75991224_1.jpg

One of my first record players was one of those combo deals from Sears which I had for years. Later I was gifted with an Aiwa receiver to which I added both a Pioneer cassette deck and CD player. I forget the brand name of my speakers and turntable. In any event, I'm sure their all in dire need of an upgrade. When going through some of my old stuff in recent years I also found myself unable to part with an old portable phonograph that folds up, speakers and all. I've searched online for a photo of one but can't find any.

Back to the subject of more unusual turntables, here's one.

One of my first record players was one of those combo deals from Sears which I had for years. Later I was gifted with an Aiwa receiver to which I added both a Pioneer cassette deck and CD player. I forget the brand name of my speakers and turntable. In any event, I'm sure their all in dire need of an upgrade. When going through some of my old stuff in recent years I also found myself unable to part with an old portable phonograph that folds up, speakers and all. I've searched online for a photo of one but can't find any.

Back to the subject of more unusual turntables, here's one.

Bizarre! Looks almost like a jukebox player but in a more robot like way :lol:

Archived