Jonesy Plays Guitar On Physical Graffiti

Daeron

While reading the Wikipedia article on Physical Graffiti, it mentions that it is the only Led Zeppelin album on which John Paul Jones plays guitar on some tracks. Unfortunately, the article failed to say which tracks he played guitar on. So I was just curious as to whether or not anybody on this site could tell me which P.G. tracks he plays guitar on.

While reading the Wikipedia article on Physical Graffiti, it mentions that it is the only Led Zeppelin album on which John Paul Jones plays guitar on some tracks. Unfortunately, the article failed to say which tracks he played guitar on. So I was just curious as to whether or not anybody on this site could tell me which P.G. tracks he plays guitar on.

He also plays the distorted lap steel on Celebration Day (the opening riff) that runs all through the song, which he is (sort of) uncredited for. Page's main guitar track doesn't come in until the drums.

Sorry for not answering your main question, I know the answer but I can't remember it atm.

Haha, thanks for the feedback guys. The only thing I've been able to find on other sites, is that Plant plays acoustic guitar on "Boogie With Stu"; but I haven't found anything else about Jonesy. I was thinking, he may have played guitar on "Ten Years Gone", because I know he does on the live versions.

Archived