Does a new Singer have to sound like Plant?

McSeven

If Page and Co, manage to get a new singer, would that singer have to sound like Plant? Can they do like Queen did, go with someone different sounding? Would that effect the music of LZ if they get back together, even if they don't call it Zep?

I was on You tube and stumbled on a band called Virtual Zeppelin. That singer was like Plant in his hey day. If they had to choose a singer. He would be perfect.

Mc7

If Page and Co, manage to get a new singer, would that singer have to sound like Plant? Can they do like Queen did, go with someone different sounding? Would that effect the music of LZ if they get back together, even if they don't call it Zep?

I was on You tube and stumbled on a band called Virtual Zeppelin. That singer was like Paln in his hey day. If they had to choose a singer. He would be perfect.

Mc7

Well doesn't seem like that is happening right now but my opinion is if it ever were to happen, they should not get a singer to sound like Plant. I don't think it would be any different if the new singer sang the Zep tunes in his own style the same as Robert's bands play Zep tunes in their own style.

Not a Plant clone for God's sake... It has to be somebody that they find inspiring to work with, creating new music. In one respect it would be a good idea to keep Robert in mind: the worst thing they can possibly do is get an established hard rock singer. Robert never really was - he was formed in the 1960's, that is, before the clichés. If they get somebody with a really strong voice, and who has been formed a lot by singing soul, but is interested in making 'loud music' as well - that might really work.

Edited to add: I will admit that Chris Cornell might sound really good with them. Hard rock singer he may be, but he has his own approach. But that isn't going to happen anyway.

No, I don't think the singer has to sound like Plant. I think they would be foolish (should this even take place, which is highly doubtful) to try and clone Robert Plant, the fans will know what's up.

What they should aim for is someone with a unique sound who will, much like Robert, make the songs his own.

No, I don't think the singer has to sound like Plant. I think they would be foolish (should this even take place, which is highly doubtful) to try and clone Robert Plant, the fans will know what's up.

What they should aim for is someone with a unique sound who will, much like Robert, make the songs his own.

:beer:

Archived