I think I finally noticed the difference between compressed and non compressed

Thanks for the info, Sathington.

To be honest the whole thing is part of what convinces me I was right to pick up a guitar two years ago after 30 years of not playing. There's no substitute for live music, even if you're a crap guitarist like me, with a sissy guitar...it means you can have live music whenever.

Lots of helpful info in these posts. As to why serious music lovers don't have great home stereos finances might be an issue. It is just a fact that technology has been priced right out of many people's reach. The people I i do know with nice things ALL have huge credit card debts. I just enjoy the music as best as I am able to. It doesn't mean I am not a music lover.

Lots of helpful info in these posts. As to why serious music lovers don't have great home stereos finances might be an issue. It is just a fact that technology has been priced right out of many people's reach. The people I i do know with nice things ALL have huge credit card debts. I just enjoy the music as best as I am able to. It doesn't mean I am not a music lover.

This having no HiFi seems to be a younger generation thing, mobile/cell phones, tablets/laptops, games/consoles seem to be more of a priority these days, if anything it's technology that is responsible for the long slow death of hard copy music and home HI-Fi setups.

I am 52 and my parents had a stereo in the 70's I just have never been to where I could afford one... and in HS never would have been allowed to have one and now wife really only listens sparingly to ipod or phone- also does not share a lot of my musical tastes... I do hate to see hard copies die Fox just announced except for select few they are discontinuing TV show blu rays and dvd's with the goal of discontinuing all hard copy by 2017...I have no idea how to stream anything but guess I better learn fast. Very few of friends in 80's/90's had home stereos except one good friend deep in debt for it-still has state of the art stuff in his set up but I do remember in HS 77-81 other kids having stereos, I guess with parents money...

PS i didnt have a cell phone til last year and don't have any games stuff after all I am too OLD!

Woz, thank you for the corrections. I knew what I was posting wasn't entirely correct and I appreciate the in depth posts you made to explain what I was obviously failing to say ;)

Great info and I apologize for the bad post!

Woz, thank you for the corrections. I knew what I was posting wasn't entirely correct and I appreciate the in depth posts you made to explain what I was obviously failing to say ;)

Great info and I apologize for the bad post!

Actually it was a good post, simply because you stated what a lot of people seem to think is going on.

Even better that you then took the time to read and absorb an explanation of how these things actually work.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but more important is being able to share it.

So can someone inform me are the new remastered cd's less compressed than the 94 box? Maybe its the high freq loss in right ear but ...well without an informed opinion here -am asking. To me the new cd's seem really shrill almost but am not trying to be redundant. Maybe I have just grown accustomed to the Marinos over 20 years. It maybe in the info above but all the iTunes and vinyl stuff doesn't have a bearing on me and can be confusing. I am asking specifically about the cd's of the original albums.

Archived