02 Arena Concert Program Book & DVD

Hi

I bought mine on the way into the concert. Nice book, proper hard back. Nice production values. No page numbers but maybe 25 pages. Quite a lot of pics mostly of stars with Ahmet, incl the LZ boys. Also a page for each of the Zeppelin guys to give a comment about Ahmet, and these include a then and now pic of them. Altogether quite a nice pic book. The DVD is a well made documentary about Ahmet looking at his life and career and includes him talking to all his stars, including Jimmy and Robert (separately), looks to me like those interviews were done a few years ago, Robert's certainly after the 2003 DVD.

Would take some pics of the programme for you but camera not working at the moment. let me know if you have any other questions

Tom

Hi

I bought mine on the way into the concert. Nice book, proper hard back. Nice production values. No page numbers but maybe 25 pages. Quite a lot of pics mostly of stars with Ahmet, incl the LZ boys. Also a page for each of the Zeppelin guys to give a comment about Ahmet, and these include a then and now pic of them. Altogether quite a nice pic book. The DVD is a well made documentary about Ahmet looking at his life and career and includes him talking to all his stars, including Jimmy and Robert (separately), looks to me like those interviews were done a few years ago, Robert's certainly after the 2003 DVD.

Would take some pics of the programme for you but camera not working at the moment. let me know if you have any other questions

Tom

Thanks Tom!

The book and dvd sounds wonderful. Ahmet's Atlantic sure did have some great artists on its label in its heyday. Will endeavour to get myself a copy now after your great review. Thanks a million! :D

there are a few strange typos in the program, particularly on Jason Bonham's Page.

Like as he says "It is my honour to join Jimmy, John, and Paul for this performance." Pretty sure Jason didnt mistake Robert Plant for a Paul!

Also Jason's quote says something like start off with "I didnt know Ahmet....etc" and it goes on to say "I do not know how much he meant to Led Zeppelin. It is my honour to join..." ---That's a little strange. I'm pretty sure its supposed to say I DO know how much he meant to Led Zeppelin (makes more sense -- jason saying he didnt know Ahmet, but does know that he meant a lot to the band).

I aslo think that somewhere in the program Ahmet's last name is spelled "Ertegin."

Also, his name is on the cover and there is a picture of him in the book and a quote --- but Ron Wood isnt mentioned on the last page where it lists the musicians for the night and obviously he didnt play.

there are a few strange typos in the program, particularly on Jason Bonham's Page.

Like as he says "It is my honour to join Jimmy, John, and Paul for this performance." Pretty sure Jason didnt mistake Robert Plant for a Paul!

Also Jason's quote says something like start off with "I didnt know Ahmet....etc" and it goes on to say "I do not know how much he meant to Led Zeppelin. It is my honour to join..." ---That's a little strange. I'm pretty sure its supposed to say I DO know how much he meant to Led Zeppelin (makes more sense -- jason saying he didnt know Ahmet, but does know that he meant a lot to the band).

I aslo think that somewhere in the program Ahmet's last name is spelled "Ertegin."

Also, his name is on the cover and there is a picture of him in the book and a quote --- but Ron Wood isnt mentioned on the last page where it lists the musicians for the night and obviously he didnt play.

Sounds like it was a rushed job maybe?.....Proof-reading is rather tedious at times. ;)

Hi again

Couple of points to add. Yes, agree about the typos, pretty annoying especially on the Jason page. Also it's not a highly informative document, but that's not its purpose I guess. The spirit of the book is good and as mentioned above if you get it for the charity it's a good purchase.

On the DVD, yes I too thought it was the US concert on there but it isn't, as I said it's a documentary about Atlantic Records and especially Ahmet's role in it. It's a really good viewing the parts I've skimmed, especially as it has some excellent old footage of Ahmet and all his signings, plus it has him actually chatting to a lot of them.

Tom

I dont know, but I found it funny cause it really is a very nice, quality, formal program -- but then it had these wierd typos.

:lol: I know all about weird typo's and enduring hours of proof-reading. When the pressure is on, so are the long and very late hours. Don't read into the typo's too much. They are just simply most probably that.

Hi again

Couple of points to add. Yes, agree about the typos, pretty annoying especially on the Jason page. Also it's not a highly informative document, but that's not its purpose I guess. The spirit of the book is good and as mentioned above if you get it for the charity it's a good purchase.

On the DVD, yes I too thought it was the US concert on there but it isn't, as I said it's a documentary about Atlantic Records and especially Ahmet's role in it. It's a really good viewing the parts I've skimmed, especially as it has some excellent old footage of Ahmet and all his signings, plus it has him actually chatting to a lot of them.

Tom

Yes. People appear to have been absorbed into the wonderous LZ aspect and forgotten what the whole event's purpose was. Ahmet was an extraordinary person and most certainly had an eye and ear for great talent, as the long record of Atlantic is evidence. :)

Archived