3/17/1969

is it just me, or is this one of the tightest they ever sounded?

honestly, this is the best i've ever heard robert sound, and overall, its the second best show that comes to mind for me, it's a shame it's so short.

Babe i'm gonna leave you is the absolute highlight. Roberts voice on this is out of this world. The raw emotion that he puts out on this song really captures the darkness that the song puts out. Bonzo's drumming is right on cue too.

My favorite length of Dazed, right around 10 minutes. The bow section on this one is awesome, and jimmy NAILS the solo on this one (and communication breakdown for that matter).

how many more times closes the set with the raw power that it normally brings.

This is probably the earliest truly great soundboard, and it's definitely an awesome show.

any other thoughts?

That Danish TV performance is very good. I've always liked that one. The Gladsaxe performance from two days before on March 15th is awesome too.

For "best of the best" from January-March 1969, for me I think it's impossible to beat Boston Tea Party from January 26th. Mind-blowing playing from all of the band.

Going forward you have April at Winterland and the Fillmore West, the excellent BBC performance in June, and then into July there's Newport Jazz Festival, August there's Toronto and the Texas Pop performance, October there's Paris, then Bristol in January of 1970, all of those good shows from Europe March 1970, LA Forum, Tampa, Ottawa, and Memphis from March and April 1970, Bath 1970, all of the August and September 1970 tour.....

Lots of great stuff out there :)

Archived