Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll Brand

McSeven

What do you all think that LZ brought to the world of Rock and Roll that no other band brought?

For you how are LZ better than AcDc/RStones/The Who/Deep Purple/etc?

I think that LZ brought a mystique to R/R and by that I mean that they played notes and made sounds that other bands could not easily duplicate. They are bigger than rock. Its almost like seeing a Magic show sometimes. Esspecially songs like No Quater/ALS/HMMT/D&C.

I so think they are better musicians in the sense that thier personalities come out of the instuments they play. Jimmy has a Sage Magician persona when it comes to his prowess of the guitar.

Bonzo has a Gorilla like fiereceness to his percussion. Its not like when you see Bonzo, you see a guy that looks like Moby. I don't hate Moby, but he has a very lithe apperance. Robert has a Lionlike voice, that vibrates. He can play around with his voice a lot more than other singers.

JPJ has a very happy -go lucky vibe top him. In his bass playing. I really feel his personality, esspecially with WIAWSNB and The Lemon song.

Mc7

What do you all think that LZ brought to the world of Rock and Roll that no other band brought?

For you how are LZ better than AcDc/RStones/The Who/Deep Purple/etc?

I think that LZ brought a mystique to R/R and by that I mean that they played notes and made sounds that other bands could not easily duplicate. They are bigger than rock. Its almost like seeing a Magic show sometimes. Esspecially songs like No Quater/ALS/HMMT/D&C.

I so think they are better musicians in the sense that thier personalities come out of the instuments they play. Jimmy has a Sage Magician persona when it comes to his prowess of the guitar.

Bonzo has a Gorilla like fiereceness to his percussion. Its not like when you see Bonzo, you see a guy that looks like Moby. I don't hate Moby, but he has a very lithe apperance. Robert has a Lionlike voice, that vibrates. He can play around with his voice a lot more than other singers.

JPJ has a very happy -go lucky vibe top him. In his bass playing. I really feel his personality, esspecially with WIAWSNB and The Lemon song.

Mc7

Sorry, I'm kinda slow. So could someone please tell me what ALS,HMMT, and D&C are?

Sorry, I'm kinda slow. So could someone please tell me what ALS,HMMT, and D&C are?

Achilles Last Stand, How Many More Times, Dazed & Confused.

Zep just brought a whole new, different sound & feel to rock. Kashmir, White Summer, Bron-Y-Aur, In The Light, Black Country Woman, When The Levee Breaks - stuff like that had never been heard in 'rock' before.

Archived