Zep in 5.1 DTS Digital Surround Sound

The Rover

I have discovered the existence of Zeppelin albums mixed in 5.1 DTS Digital Surround Sound.

There is a website that has been made for reference only. There is nothing for sale or trade there.

It's HERE

I have not seen or heard any of these 5.1 mixes.

If anyone has listened to a 5.1 mix, I would appreciate your review of the mix.

I listened to a Deep Purple 5.1 of Machine Head, and I did not like the mix, the way the percussion came across. It was not all like the stereo experience. But that's how I remember it, so I am biased.

If a 5.1 mix changed the character of a song I liked, I don't think I'd cater to that.

• 4 weeks later...
I have discovered the existence of Zeppelin albums mixed in 5.1 DTS Digital Surround Sound.

There is a website that has been made for reference only. There is nothing for sale or trade there.

It's HERE

I listened to a Deep Purple 5.1 of Machine Head, and I did not like the mix, the way the percussion came across. It was not all like the stereo experience. But that's how I remember it, so I am biased.

If a 5.1 mix changed the character of a song I liked, I don't think I'd cater to that.

Well, you can do many things with 5.1 mixes by remastering, splicing etc, but it still would not really be a 5.1 mix unless it is mastered that way in the first place, which would require individual tracks. And I doubt they have them.

Common practice by bootleg companies too, they expect to sell them at higher prices because it apparently sounds better.

It's HERE

I have a few of these Toup 5.1 DTS things .....To be honest they are nothing special..Obviously not true multi channel surround sound..(Their version of Pink Floyds Meddle is particularly bad) ..Just stereo albums mixed BADLY for surround sound systems with some kind of equaliser. Do not ever pay money for these FAKES....they are easy to find for free on many sites on the web.

It's HERE

Machine Head had a quadrophonic mix that lends itself to 5.1. However, none of the Zep LP's were ever mixed in quad.

Archived