Anyone Have A Copy of This?

We received one at a radio station I worked at in the early 90s on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Stairway To Heaven but a friend who was gifted with a copy by our Program Director burned it along with the rest of his music collection after he found God following a divorce. He's since come back to rock n' roll but I imagine he regrets sending his collection up in smoke as this was far from the only rarity in there.

stairway-to-heaven1.jpg

We received one at a radio station I worked at in the early 90s on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Stairway To Heaven but a friend who was gifted with a copy by our Program Director burned it along with the rest of his music collection after he found God following a divorce. He's since come back to rock n' roll but I imagine he regrets sending his collection up in smoke as this was far from the only rarity in there.

stairway-to-heaven1.jpg

Oh my gosh...he burned it,

what an IDIOT!

And yeah, I have a copy of that, why do you ask?

Oh my gosh...he burned it,

what an IDIOT!

I wouldn't exactly call him an idiot. Love makes folks do some crazy and fucked up things. He thought it was the best thing to do at the time so he did. He's back into rock n' roll these days but remains a very spiritual person. To each their own.

And yeah, I have a copy of that, why do you ask?

Mainly just curious how rare it is. Since it was a promo item we received at the radio station I always figured there probably weren't that many copies of it out there. I did manage to snag a copy of Led Zeppelin On the Radio: Rarities On Compact Disc Volume #7 though.

I'm thinking that Stairway couldn't fit on one side, so the other half of Stairway? (Isn't that how they did "American Pie"?)

LED ZEPPELIN Stairway To Heaven - Special 20th Anniversary Commemorative Edition (Rare 1992 US Atlantic limited promotional only pack comprising a 1-track 7" vinyl single [playing the same version on both sides] and a 1-track CD, presented in a unique 10" x 8" pop-up folder complete with song story/information sheet.

LED ZEPPELIN Stairway To Heaven - Special 20th Anniversary Commemorative Edition (Rare 1992 US Atlantic limited promotional only pack comprising a 1-track 7" vinyl single [playing the same version on both sides] and a 1-track CD, presented in a unique 10" x 8" pop-up folder complete with song story/information sheet.

:D thanks :D

I remember some U2 singles from the 80s that played at 45 rpm on side and 33 1/3 rpm on the b-side so they could include two previously unreleased songs on that side of the single. These days even a short record (such as R.E.M''s Accelerate which clocks in somewhere just under 40 minutes) comes as a double album in it's vinyl configuration and plays at 45 rpm (as opposed to 33 1/3). From what I understand that's supposed to be some sort of audiophile thing since it provides better sound quality. That's how I'm guessing the Stairway vinyl single was done so they could fit the entire unedited version on there.

Archived