ZZ Top at WMMR BQ FEST in Camden, NJ 5/17/09

Wolfman

I went to the WMMR's BQ Fest in Camden, NJ yesterday. The lineup was Halestrom, Duff McKagan's Loaded, Saliva, Puddle of Mudd, Papa Roach, Offspring, and the only reason I went, ZZ Top.

I had pit seats so I was right upfront for ZZ. What a show they put on. Billy Gibbons is one amazing guitarist to see up-close. Lots of nice jamming and he pulled out lots of tricks like playing one-handed and some slide-guitar. It was like getting a free guitar lesson! Plus, it's awesome to see all of Billy's vintage guitars. I strongly suggest you try to see ZZ Top live. You will not be disappointed. I can't find any reviews to know if this exactly what I saw or not but here's a setlist of what they have playing on most of their shows this tour:

Got Me Under Pressure

Waitin’ for the Bus

Jesus Just Left Chicago

Pincushion

Cheap Sunglasses

I Need You Tonight

Catfish Blues

Hey Joe

Heard It On The X

Just Got Paid

Gimme All Your Lovin’

Sharp Dressed Man

Legs

La Grange

Sloppy Drunk/Bar-B-Q Medley

Tush

Every year i hear about this Barbecue constantly on WMMR, and i have never gone. Maybe next year. I heard some of the stories Sunday night while it was still going on and a few on my drive to work yesterday. According to Pierre, lots of babies were made! So anyway, Wolfman, give me reminder next year (if you're going) and maybe i'll catch up with you there.

Every year i hear about this Barbecue constantly on WMMR, and i have never gone. Maybe next year. I heard some of the stories Sunday night while it was still going on and a few on my drive to work yesterday. According to Pierre, lots of babies were made! So anyway, Wolfman, give me reminder next year (if you're going) and maybe i'll catch up with you there.

You got it. The headliners have been pretty good the last three years: Velvet Revolver, Stone Temple Pilots, and this year, ZZ Top. It's pretty easy to get Pitt seats too so you are right up close with the bands.

You got it. The headliners have been pretty good the last three years: Velvet Revolver, Stone Temple Pilots, and this year, ZZ Top. It's pretty easy to get Pitt seats too so you are right up close with the bands.

It's sound like a great time. I'll put it on my list for next year!

ZZ Top is f-i-n-e.....

I have recently, in the past year, come to really appreciate the fine drumming of Frankie Beard.

He's just so steady.... so awesome..... The Charlie Watts of ZZ Top ! !

I was the Original ZZ Top Barndance & BBQ over Labor Day 1974, at Memorial Stadium in Austin, Tx.. with about 80,000 other rock'n'roll fans from all over Texas. I think, one of their finest perfomances...ever ! ! :)

Archived